[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

bump so this topic does not close. do NOT silence yourself

6 Likes

Gonna bump this, have a good day y’all.

2 Likes

urgh id rather roblox get sued again than give roblox my stuff

When will we even be able to even make audios public again? I know this update is beyond due and I need to know.

1 Like

They recently released it sort of…unless you’re talking about the ability for all users to publish audio regardless of length or whether its music, we are still waiting for that.

Right now ID verified users can publish audio if…

• it was uploaded recently
  • it’s less than 10 seconds, and
  • qualifies as SFX
1 Like

Yeah, I am talking about the ability to publish.

1 Like

Also, I am ID verified and I can’t publish public audios under 10 seconds

1 Like

You may have to re-upload the asset or Roblox might not believe that it’s considered a sound effect.

weird, i’ve done that and nothing happened

Anyone ever see the games like Karaoke or Pick A Song? Genuine question but… how are those not getting taken down if they use copyright music? Do you need a license or something?

1 Like

same i also cant upload under 10 second audios while i am id verified plus i went into elegibility to turn on my audio uploading settings

It is currently day 851 and this horrible update has still not been reverted.
I’ll see you all on day 1000, as I doubt this will be resolved anytime soon

6 Likes

how is it already almost 859 days since this horrendous update came out, omg time goes so fast :shock:

2 Likes

praying old audios before this update get officially archived.

there’s some audios that were archived but sometimes really hard to find, that happened to me when i was searching for tinfoilbot’s melvin creepypasta full audio :sad:

Great news! Looks like they rolled out uploads for sounds under 10 seconds long! :smiley:

1 Like

Happy birthday to all things Roblox… except this update and other disadvantaging decisions they’ve made.

4 Likes

Couldn’t help but agree with you more. Good platform, trash company.

3 Likes

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?!?

3 Likes

bump! not letting us creators be silenced

3 Likes