[UPDATE] I like to make scary monsters. How can I make them more horrific and nightmare fueling without a drop of blood?

I’m too tired to write proper feedback so here’s this:

Feedback (2) FEEDBACKFeedback (2)

10/10.

Don’t see where you can improve the monsters one tiny bit.

I will say for sure tho, try to animate the monsters as best as you can. The horror all comes down to how the monsters react, and their movements. Also i would definitely add some rusty metal scraping along each other sound effects when ever the monster moves.

Also one big thing to consider, the actual game. So much effort goes to waste in a Roblox game because of the actual game. Take for instance, before the dawn. It was a great game (still actually is) but died out because of the actual game. There was no motivation to play. You just had to hide behind some boxes for 10 minutes. So if you really want this game to stay on the front page as much as it can, make the game grindable, and give the player a reason to play. Look at MM2. The game quality isn’t the best but it’s up there because people grind.

I have no doubt this will reach the front page if these beautiful creations are used properly :+1:

1 Like

I really like your feedback on this!

1 Like

I just want to say, these models are horrifying, and VERY detailed. If you want to make them more nightmare fueling, maybe make the game have next to no lighting, and have the red eyes glow in the dark. Another thing you might want to add is a sound when they are nearby, maybe try light footsteps or… whatever those things are:
This will make the player turn around and see the glowing red eyes and will freak probably 99% of your playerbase out. Maybe even add a sound so that when the player turns around and sees the monster it plays another sound, maybe a screech of some sorts?

2 Likes

Ummm what is considered nightmare fueling to you? Looking at these images I cant sleep anymore.

2 Likes

They would have something similar to a clunking sound when walking

2 Likes

Its not like that kitchen scene from sausage party. I agree with you, its pretty scary in a lot of ways because the looks of the things just make me nervous whenever I see it like in a game. That thing is the definition of terrifying and you do have a point. Just that the eyes and the red things that are on the monsters make the things seem scary.

3 Likes

Beautiful! I can’t wait to play!

Part of the horror aspect is the unknown. If all your monsters already exist in these forms, they’re scary, but only if you know they’re about.

Now lets say you’re in a room with 10 people.
1 of these people are actually a robot, but disguised to look like you and me.
Suddenly, you’re on edge with a group of people.

Thats part of the horror with movies like “The Thing”, and where the suspense in games like Trouble in Terrorist Town comes from. You create and destroy a trust in your most basic of senses. If you can animate a regular model transforming into one of these, you suddenly go from being scary, to absolute nightmare fuel.

5 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, but this isn’t like a murder mystery kind of thing, it’s closer to alien isolation.

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m not suggesting it is! Just that, the visual change would create a real big sense of un-ease

2 Likes

I feel like sound effects can go a long way to make something scary. Maybe have a scratching sound or something when it moves around?

2 Likes

Keep up the work like this, your style is now most i like.

1 Like

Posing can make the monsters very terrifying, also scary and intimidating animations make it 10x more scarier. They already look amazing!