Update of Custom Third Person System

Alrighty, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everything else under the big ol’ sun of ours. I had a pretty cool third person shooter system made that I was pretty proud of, but then I discovered a magical tool known as TweenService. I spent the last week or so dooping about with some math and tweening techniques, as well as some good old fasioned animation and camera manipulation and came up with this neat thing!

Very smooth X and Y rotation

Crouching and sprinting animations, as well as DARK SOULS DIVE ROLL!

Live-travel ballistics with real position crosshair

More yummy animations

Any feedback or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated, and there is a lot of behind the scenes that I completely glossed over, partially because they’re incomplete or too detailed to go over. Thanks for giving my thing a looking at!

EDIT

I forgot to mention, it has first person as well

11 Likes

Reminds me of the stuff I made when I was experimenting with an R15 port for The Stalker: Reborn.

I never ended up finishing this because raising the bar like this would require me to raise the bar on everything else in the game, which would mean rewriting a lot of the game’s code… again. I just felt like I was putting far more effort into the game than it was worth. I’d like to use this system for another project one day, but I’m not sure what I want to do with it yet. Maybe I’ll just go for The Stalker: Reborn: Reborn, who knows.

5 Likes

Looks awesome! Also pleased to hear you’re still working on Stalker!

1 Like