Update on becoming a regular?

Note: Promotions from Member → Regular are on hold until the criteria are updated to not include Post Approval, since Post Approval has been deprecated.

This was last year, can we get an update? One of my posts for “Cool Creations” was shut down for not meeting criteria (but I’ve seen posts that don’t either). Because I’m not a Regular, I had to get it moved and that meant it had to be reviewed, and they were less lenient about moving a topic than deleting one that didn’t fit criteria.

Honestly the wait time is kinda strange. Some of us are stuck at the bottom because of this…

7 Likes

I am not sure what the question is here? #help-and-feedback:cool-creations didn’t have post approval on it for a while now. Since about April. Post Approval is completely removed and your question is completely unclear.

1 Like

Wasn’t that early September? We absolutely need transparency, but it hasn’t been anywhere near a year.

9 Likes

I honestly don’t think we’ll get any update until things get somewhat back to normal.

COVID-19 impacted Roblox a lot honestly, I’m not even sure some of the updates they promised this year will be ready in time.

Not to mention that the DevForum is kinda…in chaos right now which is probably stressing out everyone, including the staff.

What is the question here?

If I’m not mistaken, members are automatically promoted to regular when they meet the requirements and don’t break the rules. From what I can tell, you’re complaining that you’re not a member but you refer to your post that got taken down for not meeting the criteria. I’m not sure how posts getting taken down affects your promotion if at all but this is probably why.

While I think the promotion to regular is automatic, the staff here are pretty full up right now with more members and maintaining the site. Covid has affected us all. Your account is 3 years old on the forum so maybe it’s time to start thinking that it’s not the wait time but your behavior or “lack of meeting criteria”.

@Luxorz That’s not the subject at hand, I believe.

Automatic promotions from member to regular have been halted by ROBLOX themselves and it’s been a few months since this process has been updated.

@OneRubySky being a regular has no correlation to getting your post moved and I’m puzzled on why you believe that regulars get leniency in posting guidelines.

Ah, I see.
Still, 3 years is a long time and I don’t think it’s because of the staff and again… staff is pretty busy.

I see your point; COVID-19 has been detrimental to this community and is throwing the Developer’s Forum into a spiral.

@OneRubySky seeing that you have a similar amount of topics and posts read as to mine (even though I’ve only joined 4 months ago), I think it’s safe to assume you aren’t viewing enough posts within the community. I’d recommend checking a few topics out to increase your read time and posts read to at least 20k posts (a “benchmark” of sorts; I have no clue what the minimum requirements for Regular are) before complaining about a process you most likely don’t nearly meet the criteria for. I hope that helps :ok_hand:

1 Like

Regarding the “temporary post-approval replacement”, someone from DET has informed me that I can message them to get my posts approved.
5 days still nothing.

Whoever runs this forum - if you’re gonna take out such an important feature then have a decent replacement, or just let members post bug reports and feature requests lmao

3 Likes

Yes, it was mid September of this year. Hasn’t even been two months, let alone a year since Community Post Approval wrapped up. I think it hit a month of closure less than four days ago (not including gearing up to, just the date of its actual closure).

1 Like

What are the requirements to become a regular?

Promotions from member → regular are currently on hold due to post approval being removed.

Thanks, Probs should of read that from the beginning, LOL!

Thanks for the fast reply.