Update on Paid Random Items Restriction for UK Users Under 18

Yea, they should probably clear that up to prevent confusion.

4 Likes

this might actually help with the 960k+ robux I LOST GAMBLING ON PET SIMULATOR 99 AND NOT GETTING A SINGLE TITANIC

4 Likes

They are included in United Kingdom (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland)

7 Likes

this is an england w good sir, if you don’t agree idk whats wrong with you

6 Likes

Roblox uses the user-set DOB if the account has not been ID verified. Otherwise, it uses the DOB on the ID you verified with.

EDIT: Please note, I am not a Roblox staff member and I may be wrong.

6 Likes

Epic update! Now prohibit gambling everywhere else. Love the UK.

5 Likes

Oh well roblox is going to die :frowning:

5 Likes

Then use the API to restrict the paid random items, it’s not hard.

5 Likes

we lost the euros but at least we won here

god save the king :pray:

5 Likes

Today is a good day to be a developer with morals

13 Likes

VPN.

Also you’re complaining because you can’t waste your entire future savings on a pixelated video game that won’t be applicable to you when you’re 30.

This is an amazing update, most/all countries SHOULD be doing this. Although this update only bases around removing the feature spend real currency on things that you could get rather than will get, it still limits the younger audience from participating in gambling and making it their passion of some sorts when they’re 18+.

As it is, you shouldn’t be gambling in the first place, because at the end of the day; you’re wasting tons of money that should be put towards getting things you WILL get, verses things that have a slight possibility of you getting.

When you’re 18, the things you do are on YOU, whereas people under the age of 18 are more protected with the actions they make (in most cases,) and for a game to basically not ensure you that you’re getting the item/power-up/etc 100% of the time when you purchase something- is a bad thing.

Be happy that you’re not addicted to gambling; once you start gambling, you’ll never quit gambling.

10 Likes

Glad this is happening, it was totally needed. Looks like I’m not going to be finding many people playing those “not gambling” but it’s totally gambling games anymore! I wonder how much money people lost to those…

Sadly I can’t buy crates in my own game for a short while… oh well. At least the crates aren’t pay to win :sweat_smile:

It’s a good day to have morals just like Crazyblox said

6 Likes

just get rid of paid random items, it conflicts with the gambling rules roblox has in place, but roblox totally supports this type of gambling. just because the odds are displayed and you… usually obtain something regardless, doesnt make it ok, infact, i played a spongebob game found in the hunt event, where you had a 80% chance of not getting anything when you combine your pets, how is that ok?
like yeah ok its fake currency and stuff, but it promotes a unhealthy addiction to all ages.

5 Likes

only good thing britian has done

6 Likes

this isnt a W lil bro quit yapping​:skull::skull::skull:

this is a trash update, it jus makes developers lose money

4 Likes

this would only come from a chronic gambler

9 Likes

stay mad and come up with better monetisation strategies then

9 Likes

Can I still play games like jailbreak/murder mystery 2 though? Since they do have a rolling system

5 Likes

Does this mean that rolling systems are basically now banned from the UK? because they’re technically gambling.

4 Likes

Yes, but it just means that you can’t purchase diamonds and use it on boxes I don’t think.

3 Likes