Update Payment Method for Existing Memberships

As a Roblox developer it is currently too difficult to change my payment method for Roblox Premium. I recently had to replace my credit card. So I wanted to update my card information for Roblox, I assumed I could just go to my account settings and change it, as one can with most other online sellers.

It turns out that the only way to update your card information is to send a support ticket to Roblox. Not only is updating a payment method over email not very secure, but it seems like it would clog up the Roblox support system.

In order to change my payment method, I cancelled my existing membership and am waiting until it expires to renew with my new card. Roblox is a major company, and this is an ease-of-use feature that I believe is necessary.

The current billing page:

Sorry if this is in the wrong category. I’d be happy to move it.

18 Likes

Let me get this straight - a billion dollar company having you send your billing information through emails to a support team member overseas. You have got to be kidding me.

To those of you who are dealing with this or having plans on using your credit card to purchase premium or robux, it’s in your best interests to use gift cards instead. This is severely flawed.

1 Like

I think the payment process system is secure and fine, it’s more about when you need to change your payment method.

2 Likes