Update to Avatar Bundle and Package Sales

Sorry if I sound moderately stupid, but can somebody clarify on the 40% cut for bundles sold in your game? Does this only apply to bundles made by myself or all bundles?

2 Likes

Get someone to buy headless in your game and you’ll get 12,400 back!

10 Likes

Im sure everyone is going to LOVE the ability to prompt a bundle purchase as well as get a 40% commission back. I’ve been using package IDs for ages now and yearned to have an update like this! :heart:

3 Likes

It’s great that the PromptBundlePurchase feature is finally available! However, after trying to implement this into our avatar editor experience it appears the function is currently broken:

Any attempt to prompt a bundle purchase results in an error. I hope this can get fixed quickly so we can properly implement the feature.

6 Likes

What’s the difference between the two? Please explain!

6 Likes

GetProductInfo for Bundles still not list PriceInRobux

5 Likes

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the 40% thing.

4 Likes

Great update, this makes things even better and easier, now we don’t need the old package IDs!

3 Likes

Is there a difference between Packages and Bundles?

5 Likes

Update asset manager too.
It still showing packages.

3 Likes

for anyone confused, before october 2018 avatar bundles were called “Packages” on-site, and were treated as normal assets. then all packages were converted to “Bundles”, which use their own ID system separate from all other asset types.

up until now it wasn’t possible to prompt a user to purchase a bundle in-game. you could use the bundle’s legacy package ID as a workaround, but this only worked for bundles that had previously existed as legacy package assets before october 2018.

with this change, legacy package assets are finally being sunset entirely.

(this is NOT related to packages as reusable objects in game development, those are an entirely different thing.)

2 Likes

Packages in the asset manager are not the same as avatar bundles. Two completely different features…

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Roblox is finally solidifying the verbiage used to describe the bundle concept. It was always weird to have bundles and packages when they were the same thing. Glad that Roblox is still thinking about this kind of stuff!

1 Like

I’m confused. This just looks like a name change to me, what’s actually changing?

2 Likes

Will this be affecting the inventory API in any way? Will bundles be replacing the packages name in the asset types?

1 Like

Exactly my question! All I (think I) know is that packages are outdated.

1 Like

If the packages are going to be removed, Rthro is also removed

2 Likes

But I saw Roblox’s Rthro as bundles

3 Likes

i guess bundles won’t be removed: Robloxian 2.0, Roblox Man and Woman and Roblox Boy and Girl bundles won’t be removed

1 Like

Finally, now my friend can buy Headless and Korblox in my game and I’ll get money.

2 Likes