Update to Input Processing

I can chime in and say that I am also experiencing very heavy input latency in most games now. Mouse movement, moving the camera (right click and drag), character movement, and interacting with UI is sluggish. This has been going on for a little over a week and is happening on games I’ve never experienced issues with before.

My desktop is on Windows 11 and my laptop is on Windows 10, and they both experience this issue. I’d be happy to provide more information if requested.

Thanks for the info. This update was delayed for PC so isn’t the problem here, but it’s good to know there may be another problem.

Yes, sometimes the character just moves by itself, it’s really weird.

As of recent, every game I go into I get these extraordinary brief frame freezes due to the heavy lifting of PreRender->ProcessInput->updateControllers in the Microprofiler. Since users posted similar posts above, I am posting this out of being concerned if this is related to this update? Please see below and let me know if you need me to follow up on this with a bug report or other.

This is 194 ms which is extremely bad, and it appears to happen only to my client, as my friends do not get this issue. I am on Windows 10. I will try uninstalling the client with a fresh install.

1 Like

This update is not active on PC. I see you have created a bug report - we’ll take a look at that.

3 Likes

Any ETA when this will be enabled on PC?

1 Like

There are still some issues with PC and the benefits are smaller, so we aren’t planning to enable this on PC for now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.