[UPDATE] YouBlox (YouTube in Roblox) now has playable videos!

As you can see in the video, YouBlox can now play videos from the homepage!

(I don’t know why the page loads slowly but I can imagine the Roblox search api being slow at get requests)

This game is a work in progress so please leave feature suggestions below!

Thanks for reading!

here is my last post

12 Likes

Hey, Just want to say I think it looks really cool!
Will players be able to have a way to upload their own videos to channels?

4 Likes

Yes and No

No, you cannot directly upload them from the game

Yes, you can upload a video to the Roblox website, but it costs 2,000 Robux to upload a video.

This game will probably be fully released when Roblox (hopefully) removes the 2k video upload option

4 Likes

Don’t videos have the same “view-permissions” as audios? I believe the only way to play a video in your game is if they manually add the game ID to the whitelist.
Cool stuff though.

3 Likes

Never thought about that, honestly. Everything is grabbed from the Roblox Search API so I have no controls on which videos is allowed or not, only Roblox has control.

I can probably add a tutorial whever Roblox decides that 2000 Robux is too much for an audio.

Thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

This is awesome. But there is one flaw, you need to combine the slogans for each brand.

Broadcast Your Imagination

4 Likes

that is so genius! i will use that

2 Likes

You should totally add views per video. Would be awesome.

4 Likes

I’m gonna add those (views, likes, comments, etc.) . I’m just trying to figure out how to do it. I’ll probably set up a firebase server or something.

2 Likes

Add advertisements and add YouBlox premium, which will also give you access to stream audio videos on YouBlox Audio.

1 Like