[Updated: 9/20/2023] Warzone 162 Legacy/Evolved - End of Life (on Roblox, anyway)

Update September 20th, 2023:

Original post follows:

And just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse than they did on March 22nd, 2022. That’s kinda funny. Y’all know what this deserves…

Jokes aside,

Warzone 162 Legacy and Warzone 162 Evolved will both be shutting their doors effective immediately due to the recent abrupt Roblox TOS changes occurring on September 27th, 2023 concerning the usage of items from the Roblox catalog.

Previously after the “Great Deafening,” Warzone 162 Legacy stayed open until March 20th, 2022, at which point it then shut its doors for almost a full year before being reopened in an attempted revival. This time, however, I alone have made the decision to pull an unwarranted and unnecessary power move and not wait to close the games.

That out of the way, let me now begin answering some questions that my player base may have regarding the future of Warzone 162.

Q1: Why immediately? Why not wait for September 26th before closing it?

To put it simply, I don’t want to try and rush out an update for Warzone 162 Evolved to make the upcoming-and-now-cancelled “Nexus Avatar System” compliant. Also, I don’t want to update Warzone 162 Legacy. I’ve slowly started losing motivation for the latter of these two projects anyways to the point where it’s become a slog trying to work on both games, and either one of the two games overall.

Q2: Why don't you just ignore the TOS change?

While this is an option, I’m not going to take it. Yes, I understand “fair use” laws exist, but Roblox’s TOS has just slowly more and more become more unfair for creators over time. I’m not about to continue developing a project that was supposed to be a significantly more carefree roleplay experience when things keep changing this drastically with little to no warning as to why.

Q3: Will this affect Warzone 133 Modded?

No. Warzone 133 Modded is a Minecraft server. It is not affected by changes to the Roblox TOS, as it is considered an entirely separate entity.

Q4: What will happen if Roblox goes back on these changes? Will the games reopen?

Warzone 162 Evolved will definitely reopen if Roblox rolls it back, but let’s face it, they won’t. I’m not sure about Legacy, however.

Q6: Will Warzone 162 Evolved ever return off-platform?

Maybe, if I decide to go that far. My current candidates are Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine 5, “Unreal Editor for Fortnite,” or Godot. (Okay, maybe not UEFN.)

If I go through with this, I will probably rebrand the game, since Call of Duty also took the name “Warzone” and that might cause some confusion or a DMCA strike.

Q7: Will Warzone 162 Legacy ever return off-platform?

No.

Q8: What about Rooms: Found Footage or Interminable Rooms: Continuance? Will those be closed?

No.

Q9: Are you going to sell Warzone 162?

No.

Q10: Are you going to leave Roblox entirely?

No.

In conclusion

Roblox is now an unsuitable environment for the continued development of Warzone 162 Legacy and Warzone 162 Evolved. As such, I have closed the games. They will not be reopened, not until Roblox fixes their UGC and/or pulls back from this attempted change. It’s incredibly likely Roblox won’t go back on this, so I’m taking precautionary action right now to put myself in a position of “better safe than sorry.”

Am I selfish?
Yes. Absolutely.

Thanks,
–Catz.

8 Likes