[Updated] Animation Editor 2.2 Released

I tested creating all of the rigs in both Edit mode and Run mode, as well as unanchoring their HRP to make sure they didn’t fall apart, and all of them worked as expected. I don’t know why you’d need waits to make sure something is welded correctly – it works perfectly fine without them, and I’ve never had any issue like that before.

We’ll take a look at the request at work tomorrow. Thanks for submitting a fix!

I will point out something though. If you unanchor the HRP in run mode, rigs will start bouncing. This isn’t an issue caused by anything I changed – this is present in the current version as well. I think it’s a humanoid physics bug. Normally I’d be quick to look into it, but I haven’t heard anyone complain about it so far, and there’s never really a reason to unanchor the rig in the first place, so I just left it be.

This is an amazing update - loving it so far :smiley:

One little “irritation” in it though is the two selection boxes overlapping:

Is it possible to have the red selection box be replaced by the blue on the mouse-over instead of having both visible?

So much smoother and less buggy! Thank you :DDD

So it broke after I tried to play my animation, load my animation or open the menu or drag the timeline, or selecting a part, or trying to deselect a part, or trying to close the editor, and when reopening it as it still had the previous editor frame open.

and more:

And more…

Is there by any chance on the next update you could allow us to multi select parts? Would be very helpful!

V2.1 is out!

Updated the main post indicating (in green) what is new and what got patched etc. The highlight of this update is the remade timeline.

I hate having to reset the increments from X to 0.2 and 15 every time

Aren’t plugins able to save some sort of settings?

I would like the ability to set the increments I work in, would that be at all possible?

Dragging increments and timeline increments are implemented, however only dragging increments are enabled right now. The next version will have timeline label increments.

[strike]If you want you can go into the code and change the variable if you can’t wait until next release[/strike]

The version in my plugins has the added “Change Tick” option.

I do not mean increments in terms of the timeline, but for translation and rotation of parts.

Yes that’s WIP.
That’s why it’s listed under “Features In Development” in the OP.

Is it possible in the future we could move or rotate multiple joints at one time?

Why on earth doesn’t the horizontal scale labels correspond to the custom snap you’ve sent.

Also why is the time position of keyframes not always noted on the horizontal scale.

[quote] Why on earth doesn’t the horizontal scale labels correspond to the custom snap you’ve sent.

Also why is the time position of keyframes not always noted on the horizontal scale. [/quote]

The editor gives you the option to set this. I don’t want to work at a snap of 0.05 but be forced to see every 0.05 increment. I’m fine to work at 0.1 intervals because it saves me from reading unnecessary information. If a number doesn’t have an increment I know it’s a halfway point.

I’m not forcing the scale labels to match a snap. Many users do not want this. If you want it to match your snapping increment, simply set the labels to be at the same interval.

[quote] Why on earth doesn’t the horizontal scale labels correspond to the custom snap you’ve sent.

Also why is the time position of keyframes not always noted on the horizontal scale. [/quote]

The editor gives you the option to set this. I don’t want to work at a snap of 0.05 but be forced to see every 0.05 increment. I’m fine to work at 0.1 intervals because it saves me from reading unnecessary information. If a number doesn’t have an increment I know it’s a halfway point.

I’m not forcing the scale labels to match a snap. Many users do not want this. If you want it to match your snapping increment, simply set the labels to be at the same interval.[/quote]

So it is possible to adjust the label increment as well as snap increment?

[quote]
So it is possible to adjust the label increment as well as snap increment? [/quote]

Yes…these buttons are very visible in the editor. (They’re moved in the version I will be releasing soon though)

Just a reminder, I post all beta builds of the editor in this thread: http://developer.roblox.com/forum/development-discussion/18302-animation-editor-upgrade?start=20#203842

V2.2 is ready but needs testing before being shipped to the masses.

[quote]
So it is possible to adjust the label increment as well as snap increment? [/quote]

Yes…these buttons are very visible in the editor. (They’re moved in the version I will be releasing soon though)[/quote]

Great news!