[Updated] Animation Editor 2.2 Released

I’d like to add that these new updates done by Rukiryo and Davidii are fantastic.
They’ve made my works 80% easier. This animation on my avatar was done in 4-5 mins. As opposed to 35-40 mins. :DDD

Thank you!

[quote]
So it is possible to adjust the label increment as well as snap increment? [/quote]

Yes…these buttons are very visible in the editor. (They’re moved in the version I will be releasing soon though)[/quote]

They aren’t very visible to me, where should I look?

V2.2 is out! Includes some long-awaited features such as custom move / rotate increments, undo/redo (let me know if you find any bugs there) and more listed in the main post.

For now, Undo / Redo use Shift Z and Alt Shift Z to redo.

Will you be adding the different interpolation options that davidii mentioned?

This will require adding to the source code so it will not come out as quickly as these editor upgrades, but this might be coming soon ™.

How do I copy keyframes, I click copy, but nothing happens

Press v.

Hold on, did my bug report get deleted? I can’t find it

Regarding the load list going off of the screen?

That wasn’t my bug report, I’ll get my bug report from the old forum

This was it:
Bug 1 - Playback bug
Changing the time for already made animations and then pressing play tend to corrupt the rotational values of keyframes in the playback.
Saving the file and reloading the animator plugin fixes it.

But there’s a small chance where saving it will save the corrupted playblast.
(I just lost several hours of work from this)

Bug 2 - Cannot overwrite existing animations
I cannot overwrite existing animations. When I use the plugin, and just update on top of pre-existing animations, it’ll load to 100%.
But when I check the animation page itself on roblox, it’ll say updated 8 minutes ago, meaning it didn’t even update.
I’ve tested this online and I’m pretty sure it is broken.

10/10 new forum markup

I like the updates, though.
It makes the editor less horrible, even close to nice.

Not sure what this is about, but it seems any body parts I animated are stuck after an animation finishes playing.

Priority was set to action, and the legs of the character were purposely set to be ignored during the animation. Any ideas?

It seems to have righted itself, don’t know what to say.

Definitely weird bugs with the arms.

Is there any way to expand the animation editor downwards if there’s more joints? I really don’t wanna scroll up/down everytime I need to select a joint.

Of course a way to make this optional would be cool

1 Like

This is on our list of improvements to make to the Animation Editor.

2 Likes

Bug report:
When you import animations that already has certain limbs turned off, then immediately import another one but that animation doesn’t have any limbs turned off, the animation imports in with the limbs turned off.

Here’s an unlisted video replicating the steps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrfdta9Qpm8

New edit:
Also this bug happens when you load different animations without Reseting, the limbs are also turned off.

Newer Edit:
This bug also occurs when you load another animation using the same settings.
Like for example: I had loop turned on, and when I load an animation with loop turned off, it is turned on because of my previous settings.

bug report;

For some reason, the animator editor 2.2 tends to add default neutral torso positions to my saved animations?
Whenever this happens, Lerp is turned on when I save. Maybe that caused it to happen?

I’m unsure how to replicate it but it occurs very often.

Edit: It’s occurring more often that I thought. Both with Lerp on and off, the bug still occurs.
It not only adds Torso Keys, it also adds random keyframes from to random places.
Sometimes overwriting my previous done keyframes and uploads them with messed up keyframes too.

New edit:
I think I found out why it’s adding random keyframes.
Anytime I make a blank keyframe or “a pink line” and have no keyframes for any limb in the pink line. Then save it in v2.2, when I load up the animation, it puts a default/random keyframe to fill in the void. Usually using default torso keyframes to fill the void.
That’s what is happening consistently to me.

If you need a video I’ll try to replicate it on camera to explain what’s happening.

When there is no target part, the hover selection box will move to the origin:

It also looks like the hover selection boxes don’t go away when you turn off the animation editor:

(FYI you can parent a part to the CoreGui and 3D GUIs will adorned to it will still show – I noticed the SelectionParts were parented to the workspace since they weren’t deleted when I closed the editor)

Here’s another thing. The first play (looks normal) is me sliding the timeline dragger to the end of the animation. The second is me playing it with the dropdown “Play” option:

TestAnimation.rbxmx (5.8 KB)

I imagine this has something to do with the animation fade time or something. Since the arm’s default position is downwards, the animation tries to fade between what it’s supposed to be at and the default position or something, resulting in that buggy behavior. It doesn’t just happen with the dropdown either – we have had two people <1>, <2> experience this issue while playing animations in-game (there are probably more but searching for them isn’t exactly easy) just on the developer forums, and I’m sure a lot of non-members have experienced it as well. It may just be a bug with animations, but if the issue is with fade time it’d be nice if that defaulted to 0 on new animations.

Edit: Oh, and can someone upload a thumbnail for the ROBLOX animation editor – it doesn’t stick out enough because it looks like every other plugin.

The bounce animation is the exact same issue I was having up above your post, EchoReaper.
It looks like Animation Editor 2.2 is adding neutral keyframes into your keyframes.

A tempt fix is to carefully look which one is the “neutral”/not your keyframe, and delete it manually. Then save and re-export then HOPE it worked. And if not try, again. x)