[Updated] Animation Editor 2.2 Released

The issue seen in that gif isn’t due to stray keyframes.

There are four keyframes in that animation (you have to look closely to notice the one at the end), and looking at the animation I inserted through InsertService, there are only four keyframes in it (all with the expected times). There aren’t any extra keyframes added in. If I import the animation in from the site, same thing – only four keyframes.

I’ve just loaded up your .rbxmx, I see what you’re saying now.
It only occurs when looping is off, it happens whenever a non-looping animation ends.
This happens in the old plugin too.

Here’s an explanation explaining why this occurs:
What the editor does is, when the animation ends, it tries to reset the humanoid back to the original pose (the default dummy/robloxian pose) then it quickly resets back to the first pose that you did. While it resets, Roblox automatically tweens all the poses together.

That’s why it does a “bounce animation” and that’s why it doesn’t show up in the loop.

It’s not a big issue though, since you don’t see it when you use this animation, you only see it in the playback issue.

My biggest concern for 2.2 is to find out why it inserts random keyframes in complicated animations, see posts above.

If you look at the two threads I linked, it happens in-use and not just in the editor.

1 Like

Lastly, I encounter this bug that happens quite often:

Changing the time length tends to break animation for unknown reasons.

I’ve made a video using subtitles to explain what how I’m replicating the bugs.
It’s an interesting watch sense, 4 different types of bugs appeared in this one sitting alone.

Bugs are highlighted in bold to help you.
In the video I demonstrate 4 different times where I changed the length of the animation and it broke a lot of things.
Note: Each time I switch animation, I hit reset.

00:12 Test1, I changed the length to .35, and that broke the legs. During this I messed with the leg being broken and tried to add a keyframe on the first keyframe. But strangely, as shown in the video it adds to the 2nd keyframe?

00:37 Test2, I changed the length to 1 and that showed that my legs were hidden? Even though it wasn’t hidden initially.

01:00 Test3, I changed the length to .35 again, but when I reset this time, the random keyframe bug (see posts above) appeared in my Default Reset template. Which shouldn’t happen because resetting is supposed to wipe all the keyframes out.
Meanwhile test3 had no issues.

01:25 Test4, I changed the length to 1 again, but nothing new occurred.

In the old plugin, this never happened before.
The only time I experienced something like this in the old plugin was that my keyframes go missing.
But in this case in v2.2, my keyframes gets overwritten by random keyframes and also it hides random limb parts too.

Here’s the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqUFC53XWo

edit: the video has audio but it is very quiet, so I subtitled it

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post about this, but here goes anyway.

I have an NPC that I’d like to animate, however there’s a problem.

I can rotate/move all of the limbs in the editor fine except the legs. The joints are set up right, It has a HumanoidRootPart, nothing is anchored. The legs also don’t show as grey in the animation editor.
What can cause this? What’s wrong?

heres the npc if anyone’s wondering

Dude this update was soo good!! Works really well! :smiley:
Could you change so it’s fully zoomed out from the start? Other than that, I just love it! Great work!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’m working on making the editor even better, with a big focus on bug fixes (stability) and UI improvements this time around. If you have bug repros, please do share! It is most useful if you can start from a clean session of the editor (note: using the reset button is not necessarily a clean session, that’s another bug) so I can reproduce the bug 100% and figure out what’s going on!

Soon I’ll be updating the beta plugin on my profile so people can begin testing out the new version but bug repros are greatly appreciated!

Regarding the bug where loading an animation has limbs disabled, I’ve fixed that and don’t need repros for that case.

See if the context menu can be made to not come up when active=true on a GUI element so we can get context menus for the animation editor so it won’t be super clunky and awkward to use

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.