Not a very complicated issue to explain, here is what I was doing while it happened:
- Editing data with the popular DataStore Editor by sleitnick
- Plugin always opens docked to the north panel despite being dragged to the south panel every time
- After playtesting, opened the plugin and it was undocked entirely (in a small window near the center to the left)
- Attempting to dock this window to the south panel makes the application hang immediately
- Tabbing out (without closing the hanging app) left behind the panel I attempted to dock to
- Reopening the application reinstalls studio (side note: I suffer from a G-SYNC bug that makes this very very cumbersome)
- The beta is still enabled in studio however my output is where I tried to dock the plugin (not where it was before crash or beta opt in) and it seems to have reverted to the old docking system
EDIT: It seems that after disabling the beta, restarting, enabling the beta then restarting again did not re-enable the beta and there doesn’t seem to be any obvious way to do so. For now it seems I am stuck with the old docking system.
The ghost panel after tabbing out
I’ve included an image taken as Studio crashed in the private content as it contains sensitive game data.
A private message is associated with this bug report