[UPDATED] Feedback on concrete path

Hello there! So recently I’ve made a concrete path, here are screenshots:

I wasn’t using any meshes, only parts. That was my first time making a path, I tried to make it look like this: image
I just made a updated version of path. I made a round part union using parts and imported it back as meshpart. Also i made bricks different colors, here are screenshots:

Please write your feedbacks or suggestions about how can I improve this.

21 Likes

Very close to the original and I like the concept of this detailed sidewalk. Though in the first picture if my eyes are correct the spacing between the bricks are uneven. Perhaps equalize the spacingis my only critism.

3 Likes

Yes, the spacing is uneven but like I said it was a first time I was making a path, plus I’m not very advanced builder.

3 Likes

In the picture of a real path, you can see that the bricks are different shades of gray. Consider doing that to your path?

6 Likes

Yes, I’m going to improve my path soon.

2 Likes

This is very good and accurate to the build. To improve this build you could fix the spacing on the path as it isn’t even. This second thing you can do is to change some of the colours of the bricks to make it more realistic as this is what it has in the picture you are following. But other than that this is a fantastic build, well done!

1 Like

I love it! This is encouraging me to try something similar: brick tiles on sidewalks and old roads.

Outlines around the brick placements (different shades of colors

Not much that could be said it looks alright and basic, in my opinion but consider adding this as a driveway pavement or walkway area:

Something more original than what you’ve already done: to consider, I would recommend creating a black part and size it correctly to fill in the empty cracked throughout the middle of the pavement something you’ll see in the real world.

Even use the image you’re going off of and you’ll see what I’m talking about there’s also more method that you can do to make it more better.

Very nice path, you can see the correlation between yours and the photo.

Suggestions:

• Change the white part beneath the bricks to the Concrete material,

• Change the white part beneath the bricks to the Dark Stone Grey colour.

• Perhaps vary the brick colours between different varients of the colour grey as is done in the reference instead of using the same colour on the same tile.

• Maybe implement this feature on the long part keeping the bricks in nice and tidy which are on either side of the path.

• So instead of one long part, maybe divide it into 5 leaving gaps between each one and then add a part smaller going through the middle so that you can see the gaps and the supposed concrete filler that would be between each slab.

To conclude I really like what you’ve done here as well as the fact you’ve resized it to suit a ROBLOX character.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I’ll try to make this path a way better.

1 Like

As I see in the picture looks very nice and looks just like the picture. If you use blender try making the bricks more rounder like the ones in the picture! This looks awesome, Keep up the good work:)

I don’t like using blender but I’ll try to make round part.

1 Like

Hello there,

As far as I’m concerned, it worked out nicely!

You have to take the following into account! The more Parts the sooner your Game will lie! Everyone PC can only handle a few parts without lagg. So you better make a Mesh of it or something else. Textures is also possible!

Greetings,

Sys. (Aka. Tim)

What if I will make unions? Will it optimize the game?

1 Like

I’m sure you can try that. I have no idea if it works! You can always try.

No, you’re better off making a mesh. Unions could create even more lag. I’d suggest right clicking on the union you’ve made, exporting it as an obj file, and then importing it back as a mesh.

Blender is not required. It’s a very quick and easy solution.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try that.
(30 characters)

2 Likes

The new updates look fantastic, I love that you took our suggestions into account and made something even better than what it was previously.

1 Like

The very last picture looks real!

The 2nd one looks more realistic and gives it a really nice effect, the path looks great.

1 Like