[Updated Photos!] Feedback on Gas Pump

I decided to make a roadside type showcase, and I needed a gas pump. I built one and wanted to have some feedback on it :flushed:

I couldn’t find any gas pump decals to put on.
This took me almost 2 hours to build. I used a black rope with a thickness of 0.2 to make the hose part. Anything I could make better or change? Thanks for reading! :grin:

13 Likes

It looks a lot like the Roblox one. Did you use Roblox one as reference?

1 Like

Nope, I used a photo from google.

3 Likes

This is amazing, good job, I can’t wait to see the full showcase! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahh. It looks great, keep it up!

2 Likes

Looks good!

I would add decals and textures to make it look closer to the picture. You wouldn’t see a Gas Pump with no labels.

2 Likes

Not sure if I can find any. I don’t want to have them custom made.

The gas pump looks good so far! The only thing that does take away from the modeled-look of the build is the pump. It looks more like a plug then a pump you should add more depth to it by including more parts so it sticks out and doesn’t blend in with the holder color from a second I had to zoom in, in order to see what the pump looked like.

I’d try adding your own decals or textures so it doesn’t resemblance the gas station name the pump you have try making it more noticeable by adding more parts so just the front piece sticks in instead of the entire model placed in the handle. Looking good.

1 Like

You should be able to find plently in the toolbox. Try adding stuff like metal textures, dirt (because gas pumps are used regularly by many people each day) and logos (depending if you’re using this on a game or showcase). Just a quick search of these textures iv’e listed on images in the toolbox should give you them. Also try adding SurfaceGuis for text like ‘Quality Fuels’.

To see the best results, switch your lighting to Future.

3 Likes

@SystematicMess @TopOfTheBobs @IocaIe @jordonh23 Thanks for the feedback, what do you all think of the changes?

Looks good!

I would mess with the decals transparency, maybe turning it up abit. Also if you are going to add some detail to the gas pump, then you’ll have to add some detail to the rest of the build. If you cant find any labels and logos, try using SurfaceGuis and TextLabels.

Much better than before! :+1:

4 Likes

The GUI become very pix-elated when I try to add those.

1 Like

I get that problem too.

You could get some custom text and upload it as a decal and it wont be pix-elated.

Also make sure to turn up the transparency of those dirt decals. In the picture the dirt isn’t very visible, but there.

Hope this helped.

2 Likes

It looks amazing. Way better than before. Good job!

1 Like

It is highly pleasing to the eye, but apart from that, the fact that you’re going for a worn down - run down showcase consider including rusted objects on the gas pump, it should match the appearance you’re going for not only should it match, but you need to have certain objects to steal if the gas pump been abandoned or not used in the couple of years.

You should include objects and possibly a moss textures along the way to attract interest like moss growing on it vines shattered parts on the flooring.

Right now, everything is improved and matches that style, are you going for a abandoned, run down, worn down look?

Other than that, it looks decent. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wasn’t going for an abandoned look, this is still a working gas station.

1 Like

This is a great showcase I think you’ve done some great work here.

Comments:

• In the photo that you’ve used as a reference 2/3 of the top bar part are yellow:
    But in yours it’s set out like the Spanish flag, maybe change the bit I’ve highlighted into yellow.

• I’m also sure that if you go on google you can find the shell logo with a transparent background and upload it as a decal to add onto it.

• For the text you could utilize the SurfaceGui feature and add a TextLabel.

• Same with this bit at the bottom.

• You could also center this top bit, I can’t really tell if it is but it may just be the angle of the photo.

1 Like

It’s centered, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Looks really detailed, good job!

1 Like