Updated process for achieving "Regular" on the DevForum

Sounds great and fair. Hope everyone can reach the rank ‘member’, and help out new members when developing on the platform!

2 Likes

If you’re apart of working on this idea then I believe fully in its future. However noting a lot of what DevRel does recently on the forum I’m scared of the direction they might take this idea if left alone to do as they please.

3 Likes

Finally! Looks like the DevForum is becoming even more automated! This is exciting.

1 Like

This is interesting for New Members. Great job Dev Relations.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m so excited for it!! :smiley:

1 Like

Great to see the Developer Forum becoming more open, Lets hope It gets used for good though.

4 Likes

Thank you for finally publishing some sort of documentation regarding this change, hopefully this will provide a better insight on how to progress in the DevForum community!

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the duty of the moderators, if anything wrong happens, they will sweep things up anyway.

3 Likes

Very cool! Nice to see that this system has now been changed.

3 Likes

It is not easily to become New Member, because they want to choose random players that who really active in devforum.

1 Like

Becoming a new member is super easy! All you do is browse the forums for 3-5 hours. Maybe you mean it is not easy to become a member?

3 Likes

This is a really cool process. I personally think this could provide a lot of talented and good people that may have not been able to get in for what ever reason with the old method.

3 Likes

You make a lot of valid points here - points that we considered with this automation. Rest assured that we’re looking into potential long-term solutions for veteran DevForum members and top developers who feel the forum has become too crowded or lost some integrity. I won’t say much more than that as we’re not sure what form we want this solution to take just yet.

13 Likes

So far the process seems to be working, the newly promoted members all seem to fit in to the forums quite well and are pretty mature. Hopefully the standards for achieving members stay at a high level.

3 Likes

This is long awaited for me at least… Thanks :smiley:

Good to know there is an actually system now! We really needed this.

1 Like

Well… there always was a system but a different one.

1 Like

Great to see this system finally being implemented. Hopefully the people getting member will actually be worth the rank.

Not a bad change. I’d rather have moderators keep the platform safe than worry about devforum members.
Keep releasing!

1 Like

This is definitely essential for the increase in members. :+1: