Updated process for achieving "Regular" on the DevForum

I’ve felt discouraged from trying to go up the ranks in the dev-forum. Thank you for encouraging more activity and making the process automated!!

1 Like

I’m happy to hear that there’s finally some clarification. Thanks a lot!
Hoping to become a full Dev Member soon :slight_smile:

That’s great! Now becoming members will be easier! I’m so happy about this!

This information cannot be exposed for privacy/technical reasons.

It is also not beneficial to expose this because we don’t want people to know if they are held back by moderation reasons. This is because the requirements may change over time and it would encourage people to start contacting us for review straight away whenever they notice they have hit this threshold, which is highly undesirable. People will just have to wait.

This has already been asked and answered above almost the same way:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/updated-process-for-achieving-member-on-the-devforum/311655/124?u=buildthomas

It’s not a problem. They will get flagged and moderators can handle flags at scale.

4 Likes

DevRel consults a couple dozen of veteran community members for major forum updates like this.

Supporting power users is one of the projects we would like to tackle next with DevRel.

(Should be noted that we don’t particularly care about forum age, “power user” as in more mature users or users that have outgrown the current discussion level of the forum. Forum age is pretty uncorrelated to that. We have a lot of people that just joined that could fit in well with veteran developers in discussions, and we also have some veteran developers who are not professional at all who will not fit in with the forum anyway.)

10 Likes

Just to emphasize: literally, the only benefit of the Member role is that you get to post in more places. There are no other benefits than posting permissions. Getting Member role does not mean you even need to be developing games. It’s literally just more forum permissions.

If someone is not posting, they don’t need the Member role. Problem solved.

Your post getting hidden by flags does not affect forum moderation history immediately. A moderator has to go in, manually agree to the flag, and only then it will count against you. If a moderator disagrees, the post will be restored and nothing is put on your moderation history.

You get the system message for your post being hidden IIRC, not for the moderator agreeing with the flag. So that system message in itself doesn’t mean anything.

4 Likes

Phew, thanks for clarification. Just needed to be sure. Moderation is uhh… to be taken seriously I guess. That’s why I asked.

1 Like

This is very nice as this forum will now become completely fair and everyone will get a chance to be member if they deserve it.

1 Like

Excuse me- three people. And I am one of them.

In all seriousness:
I welcome this change but I hope the requirements are as strict as they say they are and I hope that they change it now and then to make them impossible to know.

3 Likes

That is entirely the point of this update! And I agree with it too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There were more than three who were promoted. New members were sometimes selected for their contributions throughout the period before this announcement and promoted to member, but this was rare.

3 Likes

We’re talking about the last set of manual promotions before the new process started.

2 Likes

Yes, there were promotions to member prior to this announcement in numbers greater than three. They were just rare.

5 Likes

This is a great change, as becoming a member is more reasonable than before (in my opinion). I hope that I and others may become better users of the Devforum through this change.

2 Likes

I think what was meant was more in line with some sort of verification system like other social media sites which may or may not be useful as a feature.

2 Likes

This is exactly what the DevForum needed. I’m glad to hear that Roblox is using some form of automation to help with the scaling process, that way those who meet a certain criteria can be chosen faster vs just being handpicked. It really shows the progress the DevForum is making! Can’t wait to see and meet Members and maybe become one myself some day.

2 Likes

Great to see this update, I think many of us have been waiting for this.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

1 Like

This is a request, I believe, many users have sought for quite some time! I was accepted into the forums in December of 2017, the first batch, to my knowledge, of applications to be introduced to the New Member system. While I was active it seemed as if becoming a member would remain completely unachievable but I can finally say that, after a year and eight months, I’m finally a member of the DevForum! I thank you for this change and I can’t wait to make use of all the new resources offered.

5 Likes

Finally. I hope this’ll make it a lot easier for me to get that sweet Member rank. Thanks for making it more clear than before, I’ll definitely bookmark this page.

4 Likes