Updated W8-BEN-E - "Failed to complete Tipalti registration"

(I realise this is not the best place for my question, but please read on to understand why I am posting here)

I have been using the DevEx system since 2017. As I live and work in the UK, I signed a W8-BEN form so I do not pay US tax on my income. I have DevExed 20+ times using this and never had any issues.

Recently, I formed a company in the UK for my Roblox game development. This required me to change the tax form in Tipalti to a W-8BEN-E. Part of this required Evidence of Treaty address for which I used the company’s incorporation certificate and a bank statement.

I got this message upon completing the form, and submitted a DevEx request as usual.

A few days later I received the following message saying the DevEx has been rejected due to “Failed to complete Tipalti registration”

I am unsure as to why I was sent this message. As everything in Tipalti has been completed.

I have contacted DevEx support twice over the last 3 weeks ago and received no response. I have contacted some staff and was told DevEx support is the only option. I am completely out of ideas on how to solve this and do not want to submit another request in fear being rejected multiple times will harm my account.

Could anyone provide some insight or support on why I may be receiving this rejection? Thanks

8 Likes

My dev ex is set up as a UK limited company making use of the treaty too. Drop me a message if you’re still having issues and I can cross check the form with you if you’re the same type of company.

2 Likes

Did you receive a response yet?

No response yet. I received a (non-automated) email yesterday to confirm a Tipalti address change for security reasons. But I’ve received no response to my original question asked in early May.

1 Like

My DevEx was successfully processed today so I thought I’d quickly summarise the solutions to the issues I experienced.

It turned out that my DevEx request was denied because I had changed my Tipalti address, not because of the Tax Form. The address change locked my account, however it did not notify me of this, resulting in the DevEx being denied. Once I contacted support, they got me to confirm the address change and unlocked my account. I did not end up experiencing any issues with the W8-BEN-E form.

They appeared to be happy with this, but it’s likely a case by case basis.

Support did eventually respond after a few weeks, and once they did they were very quick to respond to my following queries. Not sure what happened with the initial delay.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.