Updated Wiki Skin for Developer Hub

Developer Community -

While the team has been focusing on rolling out lots of new documentation, like our Intro to Plugin Development, Introduction to Constraints, and an expansion to our GUI Series about creating image buttons, we have also been working to resolve a lot of the feedback we received from you regarding the design and layout of the wiki. Here are the highlights of the changes we just rolled out:

A faster way to navigate to your favorite resources

We added a pull-down menu to help people find video tutorials, our revamped Studio User Manual and more.

Recent Changes Restored

Many people like to see what changes have been made to a specific page or to the site as a whole. We have re-added links to these resources in the footer of the website.

Friendlier Mobile Layout

We have reinstrumented the entire site in Bootstrap to achieve a much more adaptive and mobile friendly design. Load up the site on your phone and take a look!

I want to thank the community for all of their feedback which really helped the team by focusing us on what matters most to you. As always, if you experience problems please let us know and we will do our best to address them.

Sincerely,
MisterNeutron
Byrne Reese
Head of Information Experience

20 Likes

The Intro to Plugins page doesn’t seem to scale properly on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

2 Likes

Been like this for a week now for any Roblox wiki page.

18 Likes

Much longer than that…

4 Likes

Ooferooni
Pixel XL (~1440p viewport)

Maybe Roblox should look into breaking ties with DOSArrest. That wiki 403 issue has been plaguing developers for well over a year now, almost two. Clearly they have something wrong with their system and they’ve had more than enough time to fix it.

15 Likes

It’s super annoying.

They said they’re W O R K I N G O N I T

Screenshots

Not sure why but CSS is not loading.
I refreshed the pages several times but the result was always the same.

2 Likes

Can page links be fixed so that they point to <page> rather than index.php?title=<page>? When a page URL is of the form https://wiki.roblox.com/index.php/<page> the links become incorrect. Note that many websites that have linked to the wiki will have used URLs of this form, since it used to be the default.

4 Likes

Looks neat!

Actually, the problem lies with Roblox. Whoever is in charge of the wiki though more DDoS protection was more better. If you look at the configuration you’ll actually see that they put Akamai (CDN/DDoS) is in front of the wiki, which is already ‘protected’ by DOSArrest. This obviously causes DOSArrest to trip up. The biggest clue to this is is that the IP address on the 403 page is never actually yours, but that of an Akamai network.

I don’t understand why going with something well known and arguably better like CloudFlare isn’t an option.

btw here’s the Roblox domain’s WHOIS if anyone wants it. Their name servers seem to be pointing to Dyn amic Network Services (space intended)

WHOIS

I would like to raise a concern about the actual change to the look of the Roblox wiki, however. It seems that on PC at least, the page has been scaled by 110%. I just feel like it used to be smaller.

Standard Page Scale:

90% Page Scale (What I feel it should look like)