Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

How do i apply? There is no link…

They removed it since public UGC is coming soon.

1 Like

how are so many people getting access to it now then?

Similar to the voice chat feature when it came out Roblox gave a few hundred or so people the features to “test it” before they fully released it to anyone having their age verified. Pretty sure this is similar to that which means Public UGC will most likely come soon.

2 Likes

Requirements for public User-Generated Content (UGC) are as follows:

1. You need to have a valid ID.
  2. You need to have a premium subscription.

If you do not possess a premium subscription, you won’t be able to create public UGC. However, there are certain issues associated with it:

1. There will no longer be any free UGC items.
  2. To make copies of the items you wish to sell, you may need to use real money.
  3. An upload fee is also required.

Currently, Roblox has temporarily suspended UGC creation until December, primarily due to issues such as people creating 1:1 exact copies of Roblox items and stealing UGC item copies from other UGC creators. i did use ai to correct this paragraph to make cleaner because i bounce around on here alot it makes it easier to keep paragrahs cleaner.

12 Likes

So ugc creators cannot upload anything til the end of december?

2 Likes

Only UGC creators can upload UGC still, the people who can’t are the people who are using the public UGC.

On topic of Public UGC: I think people with Public UGC & UGC creators will both be able to make Free UGC Limiteds but not Free Normal UGCs cause on a 3rd party website I saw a Free UGC Limited was created today (October 29th) but the last Normal UGC was created 3 days ago (October 26th).

3 Likes

as of rn only ugc creators that are in can. but public wont till roblox decides to drop the update when ever but as of right now roblox itself are not opening anytime soon from what i do know is since everyone is making 1:1 copies of roblox items and stealing other peoples ugc creations thats why its been delayed because of this

9 Likes

I don’t see why there isn’t a stronger response from Roblox.

When I first started making games here, I thought ‘free models’ were approved, and good to use in my games.

So after building my game, in a few months it was on the top page of games, and I was getting thousands of players, but then out of nowhere, my game is removed. I had no idea why it had happened, I had no warning or notification from Roblox, so I was in the empty map, with 30 other players, and they were telling me, “omg you’re fixing to get banned, if they remove your game, your’e going to get banned”
So, I really didn’t believe that (I was so new to Roblox). However some players were saying “The models you used were stolen”, and some were saying “the models you used were inappropriate” etc…
So I loaded up my game, (luckily I had all free models in one folder, because I had planned on slowly replacing them with my own) and I removed the whole free models and uploaded the game.

About 10 minutes later, I was banned for 3 days, for “Posting content that was not in line with Roblox TOS” I tried to talk to someone about it, see what was wrong, tell them I only used free models, but nothing, was a hard ban for 3 days.

I assume it was the free models because my game wasn’t taken down again after they were all removed. Still to this day, no exact idea of what I did wrong.

(Sorry for rambling on) So my point is this…
If I was banned 3 days, for something that I used from free models, that had no warning (This content has not necessarily been 100% approved by Roblox even though we allow it be uploaded on our site), why can’t they remove the offending creators (who obviously are trying to break the rules or get around them) just as swiftly and harshly as they did me?
I don’t see why they cant remove those offenders from the UGC program and allow for others, like most of you in this thread any myself, the chance to create some UGC.

Such as this UGC, they are even verified with a blue check, and have all these things, clearly just a ripoff of popular (or once popular) cartoons and kids shows.

Its enough to make professional minded creators start looking elsewhere to create.

12 Likes

Many of us are leaving for other platforms. From what I’ve heard from other developers, Godot is better suited for 2D games, while Core is considered subpar. However, some developers have mentioned that for other platforms, they don’t have to deal with having to rewrite their scripts with every update.

As a whole, Roblox’s moderation is currently the strictest it has ever been. The reason for Roblox experiencing frequent downtime and issues is due to the outdated engines running the servers. What many people may not know is that the only way to prevent the website from crashing is to shut it down and completely rewrite everything, which would take a few days or even months, from my knowledge.

In any case, I wish they would review our applications, even though they are pushing out public User-Generated Content (UGC). I still feel like we are being left out.

1 Like

I’m even ID verified, and I don’t have my checkmark. But I’ve done some digging, and the only way to get the blue checkmark is if you have a game that’s popular or noticeable, possibly related to clothing. Be careful though, I’m not sure if I can say this, but I’m going to bring it up here in your reply to the free model thing. A few months ago, people would use dark dex to pull games and asset models from other games, which is essentially stealing. They would then reupload and share them, and sadly, some of these files would have viruses, etc. in them. So, I always make my own assets to be safe and avoid any potential DMCA issues related to using someone else’s assets in a game

1 Like

from what i was told at the time that they wanted uniqe things and not lilke top hats,easy simple stuff but other then that anything is a green light to be accepted but it has to be under a number of tries,faces ect i can not tell you what that number is tho

Hi, I sent a UGC application request a few days ago. How long does it take for them to review it?

1 Like

how did you send it if they removed the link and closed down applications because they are rolling out public ugc?

1 Like

There’s a link that allows you to submit a submission but you’d have to get it off someone like me.

1 Like

They delayed UGC Public and added back the link for apply i think.

2 Likes

i mean ive looked i went back to there old link
as shown in the picture. when when they first stated hey we are expanding ugc creation.

2 Likes

nvm its back on this thread at the top

2 Likes

is it L or W?

5 Likes

anyone know the tri count,or face count that is eligble just trying to get a idea so i dont go over the limit if anyone knows please let me know thank you in advanved.

2 Likes