Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

I believe you only need to create one but building a portfolio and providing more than one would likely increase your chances, but someone let me know if I’m wrong with this.

5 Likes

tbh i dont think its worthed to apply by now, i ve apllied 1 year ago still no answer, also public ugc is in January

8 Likes

Don’t you still have to apply even with public UGC though?

5 Likes

No, public UGC is where any verified premium user can upload. Applications will be a thing of the past.

5 Likes

Oh dang, that’s crazy! I misunderstood the announcement then lol, thank you for clearing that up.

3 Likes

So now if you want to publish skins in the marketplace you just need to be verified? Isn’t it any other way? Because for some users the verified requirements can be impossible to reach.

4 Likes

I think that is exactly why verification is required, so it prevents accounts who are unable to verify to upload to the catalog (bot accounts, alt accounts, etc). If it was truly public, it would be like opening up the gates to hell.

6 Likes

Imo even with ID verification it’s still opening up the gates of hell haha. Roblox moderation can’t even handle the UGC program as it is.

4 Likes

Sadly alot of us are still waiting on a email back some that has tried over a year ago then others since april i have yet recieved anything since then i gave up trying.

6 Likes

I would like to participate, but it says applications are closed.

Can you include me in the program please I have a lot ideas to show you and the roblox players will be impressed by my assets!

Waiting to hear from you soon :slight_smile:

RosenDev

7 Likes

Just recently applied right before they closed. My hopes and anticipation is high for a good response!

10 Likes

I have been waiting for over one year now but I’ve seen people get accepted sooner, good luck.

6 Likes

so much for being permanently open hahahahahhaa RIP

7 Likes

Will the UGC Applications get opened up once more before public UGC releases?

2 Likes

Honestly everything’s up in the air when it comes to the UGC program. Hard to tell what will happen, nothing is definitive. I can only hope they actually make significant improvements because the current state of UGC is really bad. If you want to be a UGC creator you really just gotta cross your fingers and wait.

4 Likes

Alright thanks, they would probably have to step up their moderation or get actual people to verify uploads going through. there is a large amount of groups making replicas of Roblox limiteds.

3 Likes

Yup, between the thousands of copies of Roblox made items, copyright infringement, and inappropriate items, they have a lot to do moderation wise. At this point I really can’t see how public UGC is even a feasible thing.

8 Likes

I hope to be accepted too, I like make ugc, that is, many ugcs that I would like to create.

60 Likes

in january UGC will be open to everyone

6 Likes

to ask, do you know what day exactly??

62 Likes