Updates to Animation Throttling

Wow, Crazy how Roblox is getting more complex with animations. Love to see that they are updating the systems to be more advanced with extra properties.

2 Likes

Will this feature eventually be forced upon us? I sure hope not.

We have more than 500 unique animations in my game, and this feature being turned on, broke them all.

Was this automatically toggled on for all experiences within the last few days? Some of our animations no longer work properly. We tried turning it off, but that didnā€™t seem to fix anything.

Hi @PezzoGuy, this feature is still in opt-in phase, so you have to explicitly change the Workspace.ClientAnimatorThrottling property for it to affect your place. Could you please elaborate what issues youā€™re running into?

@Jaco2811 @PezzoGuy
Thereā€™s a very high likelihood that this other animation change is what broke your animations:

Iā€™d recommend disabling Workspace.AnimationWeightedBlendFix to see if that fixes it, and if so, you can go from there

3 Likes

@bobvilla1n MrMauio is right; it turned out to be that other animation change that went live just recently, so never mind.

Thanks for following up, @PezzoGuy!

1 Like

Hi @Jaco2811, we would love more information regarding how your animations are breaking as a result of this change. We want to fix any issues youā€™re experiencing with the throttler so that you can benefit from the improved FPS in your game. Thanks!

Thatā€™s cool, but what if I want to animate a freeway chase? Should I combine animations and scripts? Of course, you can transfer TweenService to scripts and apply it to the PrimaryPart, but it will be costly and it will be difficult to adjust the time for animation.

Indeed, I found this out days ago. But my question is mostly, if this feature ever will be forced upon us, or if weā€™ll be able to disable it, as we can currently.

This is only part of the problem.

The second part is that the weighting on animations, become incredibly dull. Almost as if itā€™s constantly mixing the default T-pose, with the animation, to create some sort of hybrid between the two.
Letā€™s say we have an eating animation, where the head of our dinosaur perfectly reached the ground. With this enabled, it stops around halfway, because the weight on the animation, is wrong. It can also be a sprinting animation. With this enabled, the strides are only 50% as long as they were before enabling this setting.

If more visualisation is needed, I can provide that too.

1 Like

I do not like this change. At all.

I have a game that has 250+ animations and half of them lookā€¦ very weird, even if I turn it on or off. This update kind of broke my game visually. Some of them lookā€¦ really slow. The smoothness does not look very good on my animations, and trust me? They looked good before this update.

A fix or a way to >>PROPERLY<< turn this off would be wonderful.

4 Likes

@superhomer64, @Jaco2811, and everyone:

Hey folks, just wanted to share a quick update because some of you have been experiencing issues with your animations.

As of last week, we deployed a new feature thatā€™s enabled by the Workspace.AnimationWeightedBlendFix property. This issue is not related to throttling, and thatā€™s why some of you have already noticed that disabling the Workspace.ClientAnimatorThrottling property does not fix the issue. You can, however, disable the blending property for now until we introduce a fix. We have a fix for the blending issue in the works and should be out soon.

1 Like

I think they are referring to the unique animation limit being too low stuck at 10 and not allowing new animations to play, this has been an issue going on for years, will this ever be touched upon because many game including mine are dealing with it.

Not sure this has been mentioned to death, but animations that were supposted to be snappy/instantaneous at play has started to show up issues.
The biggest one from the issues iā€™m currently facing with is animations being delayed until the last animation finishes playing.
I tried forcing the animation weight at huge numbers and making it fadeTime to zero, didnā€™t work.
Not even disabling Workspace.AnimationWeightedBlendFix nor any other property that relates to animation throttling fixes it.

1 Like

This has caused a bug with animationevents on the last Keyframe, they no longer send a signal.
My game was temporarily disrupted because of this, perhaps it shouldnā€™t be forced onto games that havenā€™t been updated?

Thankfully I can disable this feature for now, however I look forward to enabling it when it gets fixed.

when will the Animations get Fixed?
my animations arenā€™t still working correctly after this update, it feels like [Idle] and [Core] are the same because i did 3rd Person Anims as Core and 1st person animations as Idle and they arent working correctly anymore, 1 month ago they where working correctly

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it is to do with this update however it would seem logical since after the date of this, all animations I use in my game havenā€™t worked correctly when using an animation GUI. the animations appear to only half work.

How do you disable? I think my game is having a similar issue. The animations seem to be cut short.

Nevermind, found it. Disabled and the animations work now.