Updates to log cabin and terrain

Hey.
Here are the updates I made to my terrain and cabin.
Hopefully you enjoy the changes!

6 Likes

I’m liking it, I do think it looks much better now. Some things I’d say to include might be a window towards the front of the building, or something on the front porch, as it currently feels a little empty.

Possibly adding a fireplace and chimney(with a nice particle effect) could be helpful to the overall design of it.

This is very good, and I’m excited to see what you make in the future! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not bad I saw your first post and saw many ways you could improve this and it looks so much better now. But still room for improvement before you finish. Some things you should include is possibly adding more to the kitchen area. Its also lacking that idea of a cabin which is having a furnace or small fireplace. Other than that good job and keep it up! :smile:

3 Likes

Feedback

I am very glad that you have incorporated changes with my suggestions with your last post. The terrain and lighting still look great. Despite the low detail and simple design, it possesses this aesthetic I really like. The decorations really add to the vibe and I would not mind living there if you add a few more daily provisions such as a shower and bedroom.

Suggestions

The Exterior of the cabin still clash quite a lot. I further suggest having the colours not contrast so heavily.

I suggest decreasing the size of the spheres. In my opinion, they're either not in the right place or are too large. (Or it is just the angle I am looking at it from)

I would expect to see an oven and not a solid block of metal.

Wow, how did you make a terrain like real life as grass with the plants?

Do you mean the grass on the ‘grass’ texture?
You go to workspace->Terrain->Decoration and tick it to on.

Okay, thank you and yes I mean the grass texture.

Hello! Overall I think the cabin it self is great. The things that I would work on is the exterior. I would add some trees more vegetation. And play around with the terrain editor paint tool, add some rocks here and there, It will add more detail to the build.

I’d honestly try and challenge yourself with more interesting architecture. Right now its quite literally a box with a roof.

First I’d extend the roof to cover the porch, adding support beams in-between the triangle shape that the roof creates like here:

Example 1

Second, possibly add a window here, following the shape of the building, like so:

Example 2

Basic additions like that can add a lot to your buildings.

Also turn down the sun-ray strength in your lighting, its blinding and distracting.

Just a P.S. by the way, threads stating themself as an followup might be more appropriate for the What Are you Currently Working On Thread in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations.

I’d say it’s a little too blocky (I mean the furniture) and it looks rough.

You could try using spheres and cylinders to make them more Round? in a way

I saw your previous post about this cabin and I must say it’s a big improvement! Some things i suggest adding is a tree or two, and more details to the walls and door. For the metal objects, you can tune up the reflectance (and change material to smooth plastic - optional!) too if you want them to have some metallic shine. GLHF!

Loving the building inside of the cabin but maybe add a bit more exterior detail and depth to bring it alive, apart from that great! love the interior design and style you’ve went with the build and the terrain is also beautiful.