Updates to the Roblox Terms of Use [January 2024]

It’s best to see more information or the Ban API (it could be either if the players ever been banned, or to ban the player from your game, so if you were banned, you wouldnt be banned from the game

8 Likes

Has this been applied yet? The current clothes in the avatar shop are not sorted based on popularity, but rather random clothes and many offsale clothes that show up as well. I think it’s kind of bugged.

11 Likes

Try refreshing…? Apparently Staff said it was fixed

9 Likes

Nice! Good to see Roblox changing (hopefully for the better)!

9 Likes

I meant the implementation of the algorithm where it mentions popularity and relevancy. The current Avatar Shop doesn’t really sort them based on sales. Otherwise, the link does work now

9 Likes

Excited for the ban API, but I’m more excited the improved HttpService hinted at back in August of last year:

14 Likes

So, if according to the new rules you’re responsible for player’s behavior in your game.
How will you moderate it if you so happen to have a busy life and don’t have time to moderate a game?

For roleplay games I understand you want moderators and such so people don’t do inappropriate things.
But do I have to worry about people violating rules in a PvP or fighting game?

13 Likes

its probably if a game hosts services for people to act like that and does not moderate when people do, for example meep-city or any active RP game, if people are getting a lil freaky in combat warriors then its not the developers fault since theres nothing they can do about stopping people from doing that.

12 Likes

Meetcity Parties would be an example.

13 Likes

While for the most part this dosent seem like that bad of an idea, i do have to ask about what’s going to happen to experiences that are no longer being actively developed and/or being mass exploited on? A few example’s that come to mind are experiences like DBZ: Final Stand, The Streets and Apocalypse Rising 1. While i do get that 99.9% of the exploiters are basically gone (and still won’t show up for a while thanks to Hyperion) i cannot believe they will be forever gone and WILL eventually return to resume whatever exploiting they were doing before. So with this, since most people are basically breaking ToS by exploiting in said experiences, what’s going to happen to them? Taking them down outright (along with the developer if their developer refuses to fix them) may not entirely be a good idea for such cases along with the fact that developers WOULD be incentivized to pull the plug on those experiences themselves just so they don’t get potentially moderated for refusing to fix their old projects. I do understand that this sort of system may allow swifter and more efficient detection and termination of experiences specifically created for the sole reason to break ToS however right now i believe this would also be a death sentence for any old experience that is no longer being actively supported.

With this, i do also want to say that while you guys keep preaching about accessibility, support and whatever else things to seem like a very accessible and open platform, i believe its beyond clear that allowing old experiences to survive without major risk of failure due to engine changes and now potentially to even moderation is something that’s near the bottom of the priority list… That is if its even a priority at all. I believe its incredible how some experiences can entirely stop working even MONTHS after they stopped getting any active support. While some of these things may be the fault of the developer (they didn’t read the big sign that says “DEPRECATED” for whatever api/feature) along with just the fault of just how the platform was originally designed, i still believe that the lack of support for older no longer supported experiences is a bit of a major issue. I’m not here to argue whenever or not roblox will still be a thing in 2050 or whatever but i cant help but question how reliable would be the fact that there’s practically nearly 0 (could entirely be none) functional “classics” on the platform right now and the only available experiences are primarily shovelware experiences be long term. This isn’t to say that there aren’t any good experiences on the platform right now but what i AM trying to say is that the good experiences we have right now may be entirely inaccessible relatively soon after their developers stop supporting them eventually. Inaccessible either due to engine changes breaking the experience or exploiters simply using said experience as their sort-of “breeding ground” until roblox decides to shut the experience down due to said mass unmanaged exploiting. I understand that supporting older experiences may not really be at all profitable or just straight up a very hard thing to do but roblox being only really known for shovelware experiences and nothing that actually had any sort of decent impact isn’t exactly a good thing and i somewhat doubt this sort of thing will just forever work.

10 Likes

This is still a concern for some games. Games that do not with to use this need a way to disable it otherwise it could cause abuse that has potential to destroy the game.

6 Likes

This is absolutely a needed change for Roblox as a whole, as I’ve seen so much happen in different communities and the developers and moderation teams at said place didn’t take action against violators [it happens more than I thought it would honestly].

Here’s hoping Roblox staff are strict with this, since places can be unsafe without proper moderation nowadays.

8 Likes

To be honest, games like Apocalypse Rising 1 are an edge case that might be victim to this rule, and even then, they outlined the so called greater good of removing the breeding ground altogether. While I agree that the developer shouldn’t recieve any action because they never intentionally designed the game to be exploiter friendly, the game itself can be considered a risk.

I believe this rule is mainly targetted towards games like every “sus” game that has been circulating, as well as other games which the playerbase generally break TOS in some form or other (Write a Letter, Mic Up and Vibe Place come to mind). I strongly believe that these games should have moderation action not based on what the game is, because some of them really have an innocent concept, but with the overall outcome of what the games are now used for.

And while this topic isn’t about the maintenance of classic games on Roblox, I know some games like Blood and Iron, Lumber Tycoon are still going pretty strong for their age, and I think it’s truly up the developers to maintain it. If the developers themselves choose not to make necessary updates for important changes to the platform, then why should Roblox be obliged?

6 Likes

Yeah i do also understand that this change is 100% a response to all of the inappropriate games on the platform, I’m just afraid that this change may seep through other sections of the platform potentially putting games abused by exploiters in the crosshairs of this new ToS change. As for the games being a potential risk due to the exploiting… Yeah i get it they can be a risk though its a damn shame.
As for the developers stopping to update their old games then yeah, Roblox has no real reason to feel obliged to keep supporting these old games with whatever latest new technologies or whatever but i also believe there must be some sort of way to at least not have these games entirely break when they stop being maintained…

6 Likes

you should be able to see alts to prevent alt farms and other stuff

6 Likes

What you ask would be a mistake, not only defeating the purpose of a ban API, but it would allow you to track other users.

But if you want to just ban a user, Roblox can internally handle what happens with their alt accounts.

9 Likes

Actually, y friend had a one day ban for saying lol, and it got lifted in 2 hours.

8 Likes

HWID bans exist bruh ru fr???

6 Likes

Oh, other updates on Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
I hope Ban API could be helpful for Devs.

6 Likes

yeah, and HWID’s are spoofable, theres hundreds of tutorials on youtube on how to do it, although I don’t know how many of those are legitimate, theres still a high enough number of video’s that are probably legitimate, not to mention all the tutorials outside of youtube. Unless roblox has some mastermind ban system that no other game company has ever used, then all methods of alt detection I can think of WILL be bypassed.

5 Likes