Updates to the Roblox Terms of Use [November 2024]

If thats the case, it would be a privacy violation, they will know what we do on our devices xD (outside of roblox), they can know what we do like listening to music on youtube?

I guess I gotta use a spare gaming pc just for roblox so I can freely listen to my music w/o roblox knowing it, bc the song can be explicit.

Otherwise it needs clarification because everyone (may think) that it will monitor our behavior

You can link to your social media on your experience pages and groups – Discord, Guilded, X, YouTube, etc. Only 13+ accounts will see these social links. Those social pages can have links to your official website / merch. Are you really complaining that it takes a 2nd click to hit your merch website(s) once you go to your social page?

As much as you believe that Roblox doesn’t care about user safety, a huge number of policy decisions are made directly to curtail actual instances of user harm over the years by bad actors. It would be a lot simpler if people weren’t out to take whatever wasn’t locked down tightly. Unfortunately, bad actors exist.

1 Like

Can you explain the official way to pay someone with robux that is on your personal account?

Buying a gamepass of a group you own will Mark it as ‘unearned robux’ now?

How do we pay someone with personal funds?

3 Likes

Does this mean what I think, that you can’t dev ex commission Robux, when you earned them trough a pass from a game with no players???

Generally speaking, template experiences include (but are not limited to), experiences that are just minimal changes to Roblox’s Studio Templates

How is this calculated exactly? What if a game’s using the default baseplate map, but has proper playable content / functionalities?

1 Like

What about job commissions paid via gamepasses? Many translators, designers and artists, for example, get paid that way rather than through group payouts. Besides UGC creators

My contractee needed commissions done in timely manner (no time to wait 2 weeks to be able to use the payout feature), and ended up wasting hundreds of dollars on covering 30% fee, and now there will be no option to pay someone for at least 2 weeks from the time when the contract was made. This is absurd; remove the 2 week waiting period first before making this change. There is already 2FA for every payout, so I don’t see the point of it other than hurting freelancers like myself.

5 Likes

Hey cutie pies, what does this mean?

Hm? Clarify! Don’t want them seeing my passwords…
Oopsie, well, now Roblox, you know what I watch!

I also want free robux please :kissing_heart:

What does that mean? Bannable? No robux given?

Hm… hey guys! I’m CLIENTERR0R, and I’ll take your mama’s credit card away!

And the toddlers? What? Sell them a bloody game or, just some ducks?

This will break SO many games, like Pls Donate. And how will you know? Send a moderator to every game? Or use our data?

:kiss_woman_man: :kiss_woman_man: :kiss_woman_man: :kiss: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

They’re still not showing up. I tried other devices and the only missing option that actually appeared was “Start account deletion” on my mobile app. :thinking:

I would really like to see some clarification on what device behaviour you guys are tracking, and how. Are you tracking our usage off platform too? I’ve spoken to a few people and the thought that Roblox will be monitoring everything we do is quite uncomfortable

3 Likes

Would this apply to experiences under groups? Since I have a game under my profile, I made the gamepasses and dev products on my game be sold to a game under the group I use to pay my developers directly, this would really really hurt my dev team by being unable to properly pay them in Robux so they can DevEx themselves, and right now I don’t intend to try the game moving program as there’s a LOT of animations on my game that would need to be reuploaded and it is too much work to be done since we spend more time doing the updates. Since the gamepasses are being sold in a game with real players, and just the gamepasses are 3rd partied, would this still apply? what’s the case for this, it’s not really clear.

1 Like

That’s concerningly cryptic. What is this even supposed to mean?

2 Likes