Updates to the Scripting Flow [Team Create]

I’ve always been critical of collabrative editing because the workflow feels too janky for me, I dont mind having the ability to undo scripts, but needing to commit scripts manually feels too much of a hassle for me. As someone’s who’s always expected a script to save by closing.

For people who use this workflow, I can imagine this is a UX lifesaver.

2 Likes

That’s also a problem, But you can avoid this problem by making the owner of this script Highlight a line, And the highlighted line cannot be deleted or edited.

2 Likes

As someone who’ve used glitch and repl.it before would be pretty nice to be able to modify the same script with another dev at the same time, having highlighting for both people when selecting, having code changes in real time, would be just perfect, would indeed help with game workflow having faster updates since people wouldn’t have to wait for the other to finish modifying the scripts or having to compare drafts.

1 Like

I picture Live Editing like this;

Basically like google docs. You can see other people working on the dcoument at the same time you’re on it.

I’m not sure if ROBLOX would support that feature, but it would make a good idea.

3 Likes

Sorry for the really late reply, but i dont think so. With good communicating, everything will be possible.

The only feature i would suggest is to highlight the line that ur co worker is working on.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.