Updating Creator Roadmap - 3 Months Later

Anti-Cheat - Improving client-side and server-side anti-cheat, and giving you more ways to identify and block cheaters using Byfron’s technology (Live)

I am curious why this one isn’t classified as ongoing. As far as I’m aware, there has been no server-sided anticheat implemented at all (server authoritative humanoid, movement pattern flagging, fly/noclip detection, etc). Can you perhaps expand on what server-side anti-cheat means for us?

17 Likes

Pretty sure it checks for applications injecting stuff into Roblox while the player is playing; so rn it pretty much is locally

14 Likes

That’s not server-side anti-cheat, that’s client-side anti-tamper.

15 Likes

they didnt do anything by serverside except for banning the playey/account by ip when caught

16 Likes

Does a list of things that people at Roblox started working on but then stopped working on, exist as well?

14 Likes

Quite honestly think the roadmap needs to reflect the current stock pricing.

Need to do better for developers.

11 Likes

If you mean byfron anti temper, then you’re wrong, Byfron only bans the user account, not the HWID or IP atm, so all they have to do is make a new account, and then they get unbanned.

11 Likes

I would even argue that it’s crucial for the release of public UGC to be delayed indefinitely until a more future-proof adaptation plan is put in place. It’s a mess already with constant ToS and copyright violations, and it’s not even public yet.

9 Likes

I’m still waiting for this update, I don’t know why It isn’t released yet.

10 Likes

Does Roblox have a plan to provide an additional camera view scene? It it quite hard to maintain and test the custom camera if there is no way to see how it moves or rotates visually.

9 Likes

Ready for more updates! Can we get updates on clouds soon?

9 Likes

Still waiting for the ability to make audio available for everyone to use (or at the very least, the ability to whitelist universes to use audio without needing team-create access)!!

It’s been over a year Roblox! Please fix this!!

11 Likes

Thank you, analytics team! We appreciate your efforts to push out needed improvements and new features.

4 Likes

Making a MMORPG on roblox is hard and we need some features that let developers handle replication of instance.Could be a new service or a streaming enabled new feature

5 Likes

Any update on dynamic skies? There hasn’t been an update since like September 2021.

6 Likes

This sounds great! Do you guys have any plans on adding a way to prompt a user to join a group?

4 Likes

When will we get offline mode, I have received some info this was coming out sometime soon. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-is-suggesting-offline-mode/2427553

2 Likes

You can already invite people in team create what change to it

What’s changed with it it’s already schanged

5 Likes

Is there an ETA on when it will be added? It was skipped/missed last roadmap. It’d be nice to know if it is a week or a month :smile:

I think a lot of developers in the community would like if this was not forgotten about.

7 Likes

well unfortunately, they probably saw your comment and said “lol he doesn’t know”
as in they are probably not going to do that, and they say its because of “mobile” and that they couldn’t just detect mobile and revert to the clouds that are 2d like the ones in studio right now. honestly unfortunate because we cannot do anything about this and they will just shrug it off. although I do hope that they implement this. I am pretty certain they will not.

3 Likes