Hi everyone, it’s Nick and Tian again.
We launched Creator Roadmap in May to give you more visibility into our vision and plans for the future and solicit your feedback. With the roadmap, we wanted to address many of your day-to-day pain points while providing solutions that empower you to push the boundaries of creation on Roblox.
Now, we’d like to summarize how things are going.
So far, we’ve shipped the following roadmap features:
- Drag Detectors beta
- Selection improvements and Multi-cursor script editing
- Terrain customization
- Global Wind Beta
- OAuth support Beta
- Improvements to Creator Marketplace Search
- Auto reconnect to Team Create
- Analytics: Error Reporting and Client Metrics
- Simplify Right to be Forgotten Process
We also shipped some products that weren’t on the Roadmap, including:
Finally, some of the features we had slated are taking a bit longer than anticipated, so we’ve updated their estimated dates:
- Window Context Cues (On Hold)
- Studio Docking (this is almost done)
- Script Diff Window (Late 2023)
- Future Lighting Android Beta (Late 2023)
- Team Create Invitations (Late 2023)
- Collaborator Activity (Late 2023)
- Team Create Assets (Late 2023)
- Social and Contextual Descriptors (Early 2024)
- Dynamic Filters (On Hold)
- Algorithmically-Generated Categories and Sorts (2024)
- Combined Search & Discovery (2024)
- Improved Scalability (Late 2023)
- Notification Analytics (Early 2024)
- Universal Experience Notifications API (Early 2024)
- Translated Documentation (Late 2024)
- Richer Audio Discovery - Category Support in Web (Live) and Studio (Late 2023)
We have a lot we’re going to be announcing at RDC in just a few weeks. We’ll do a big update to the Creator Roadmap right after to share our revised roadmap featuring many of our exciting RDC announcements.
Please continue to voice your thoughts on the roadmap, opportunities, or trends you’re seeing and any excitement or concern you have with the direction of the platform.
The Creator Roadmap is not a comprehensive list of everything Roblox is doing (it’s hard to summarize what 2000+ people are working on!). Some examples of reasons why products may not show up on the roadmap are:
- User-facing products that require no action from creators
- Products that require us to coordinate or integrate with third parties, for example, Meta Quest and 17+ experiences. This can result in uncertainty in our ship dates or we may not be able to communicate in advance until the other party is ready.
- Products we’re holding to announce at RDC
- Products we aren’t sure are going to be impactful or have enough funding to hit their dates
We do our best to forecast realistically, but sometimes, features take longer to ship than anticipated, or other features take precedence. As some of you may know, software scheduling estimation is an imprecise art.
Early: January - April
Late: September - December