Upgraded HumanoidDescription API

As you have Humanoid to control your players health… overall…
Would this allow health monitoring for arms, legs and head … for various gaming reasons ?

Or is it strictly accessory attachments to body parts ?

5 Likes

Love to see this new functionality come out!
This will make creating features like rigid armor or HAZMAT suits a lot easier, and that’s not even mentioning how the new accessory adjustments will take customization to the next level. (Glasses not lining up with the eyes on my avatar? Not a problem any more!)

6 Likes

I suppose this is a start to the new feature where we can position accessories right?

Cool stuff, nonetheless.

5 Likes

Another good feature, I can’t wait to see it fully added.

4 Likes

Pretty cool feature can’t wait for the full release

4 Likes

This entirely broke my game, it was applied to my current HD ingame and it was adding duplicated.

Highly annoying i hope this is fixed.
I didn’t touch the HD and it decided to add duplicated effectively breaking my system

6 Likes

Is it still impossible to get the AssetId from the accessory object itself?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this, especially the part about not needing to upload the asset individually!

5 Likes

Yes, it’s still impossible to get the AssetId directly from the accessory object itself, sadly.

2 Likes

This could not be better timed for me and my team! We were just needing this feature! Thanks so much and kudos to the crew behind this update!

1 Like

Amazing it has finally happened… well it will happen :thinking:

I had it on, on my client the entire time I never encountered an issue and I played through a bunch of different games from The Games.

1 Like

Wait are you suppose to be able to add a HumanoidDescription to a Humanoid and have it automatically apply?

2 Likes

It adds more “Description” instances under the HumanoidDescription.

If they’d be making HumanoidDescription automatically apply when it goes inside a Humanoid, it could probably break some experiences :person_shrugging:

HumanoidDescription is still the root of the descriptions and you have to still call :ApplyDescription()

No, you need to use Humanoid:ApplyDescription to apply a HumanoidDescription, including it’s AccessoryDescripton and BodyPartDescription sub descriptions.

4 Likes

Same here - has utterly destroyed all of our UGC podiums

1 Like

I was just about to make a player customization system, I think Roblox might be reading my mind, the timing of this is extremely uncanny.

Edit: Upon seeing the rest of this post, this seems to be completely unusable for my use case as I require to have duplicate assets.

Can you post a link to your game where you are experiencing this issue? Thanks!

1 Like

This a FANTASTIC QoL. Any chance these work for classic clothing items? I often use tinted versions of them for slight variance - the ability to use them with this API would be clutch.

1 Like

Yes, here is a private server link(We ripped it out after we saw it live earlier in the week)

The client and server side errors we receive from our 80+ something failing UGC podiums

1 Like

Right now, this doesn’t support classic clothing items. We considered adding them, but we were thinking of the balance between so many sub-instances and more flexibility. If there is enough demand we will probably add support.

4 Likes