Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta

Oh my, this is awesome news! I am looking forward to the full release!

1 Like

Yes, although we have no announcement to give on timeframe.

2 Likes

The fact that you can change which material variant is being used in real time means you can make animated materials. Is it expensive for materials to constantly be changing variants? I tested it a bit and it seems lag-less so far.

2 Likes

The Wild Beans

62 Likes

I don’t really know much about textures, but I have noticed that different ones bounce and reflect light differently. Could we be able to change how light bounces off materials of objects?

An example of this is smooth plastic and plastic bouncing off light differently. Again, I don’t know much about textures so I could be saying stuff wrong.

Material Service is used to customize the existing materials. We do have a plan to expand the materials though as stated in Material Library Expansion.

1 Like

Do you mean overriding only some parts? We have a plan to do per-part customization (Per-Part Customization above).

2 Likes

the update of the new materials is incredible but I see that there is a very serious problem when trying to import a texture

1 Like

Is it possible you may show any potential leaks of how it will look? or if you can’t perhaps a few questions,

Will it be something in-studio alone or both in-studio and on the website?

Is it going to be another tab inside the toolbox or will we be expecting its own menu strictly for materials alone?

With the Per-Part customization will we be able to create more materials instead of having to constantly replace materials every time if we wanted something new?

Thats really all the questions I have as of now, cant wait to see what the future holds :slight_smile:

This error occurs commonly. I tried to import the texture again, but this error is not resolved, this happens with most of the textures that I try to import and seen that many of my textures have been removed

3 Likes

Interesting, I wonder if you can DM me the texture that’s causing upload issue?

The problem has already been solved by magic although it took a little time to appear again but it still worries me when I import a texture :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is the one update i’ve been anticipating since forever: THANK YOU SO MUCH ROBLOX ENGINEERS

I can’t wait to use this for production places, honestly

2 Likes

Holy crap, been waiting on this thank youuuuuu!!!

I know this happens to all materials but could you fix when you resize something it doesn’t move position of the material?..

well i’m glad to helping for upload custom material and entire game has changed keep looking for future that now upload custom materials good work.

that’s really forward for part of service materials

I’ve been waiting for this.
Thanks.

There’s one thing I don’t like, I wish we didn’t have to override the material, I wish what we named it would show in the material list, so we could keep other materials and not have to override. Just some feedback here

He means add custom materials to the list

As soon as the REDLINE developers hear this they’re gonna go :moyai:

It’s gonna make this game look even better man.

1 Like