Upload images from plugin

I want to upload images from a plugin.
I found an api called publish api, but I gave up because it’s difficult (Details: How to use publish api '/v1/assets/upload')

I’m looking for another way now. Any ideas?

Hey there, if I’m understanding correctly you want to insert assets into the game. I don’t believe you need a plugin for this as you can use InsertService:LoadAsset to load an asset into a game. You could use this in the studio command bar or console. Also keep in mind, the asset has to be yours or created by ROBLOX. Hopefully this is of some help!

What I mean is I want to upload rather than load…

As in you want to upload an asset to your inventory on the website from studio?

That’s right. I want to upload from the plugin.

I’m curious to why you need a plugin for this. You can just right click on the asset from the explorer and click save to Roblox as shown:

Screenshot (884)

I’m not 100% sure if you need a plugin for this but hopefully this helps and if I’m missing please let me know!

Actually I want to make an advanced asset manager that can be used in a browser.
So I need an API to upload.

I will look at the Publish API and see if I can figure anything out that will help. I’m sorry if I’m not helping :sweat_smile:

Plugin:SaveSelectedToRoblox() will open a prompt to save the current selection. If you want to set the current selection, use game.Selection:Set({model}).

2 Likes

That seems useful! Thank you very much.
But is it possible to upload images?

As far as I know, there is not.

1 Like

did it work? im working at something similar, i have recieved png data that i want to turn to a usable image