Uploaded Decal shows black edges

The image I uploaded is literally a white 500x500 on a 512x512 PNG *

How can it show these blackish borders if there’s literally NO black or faded pixels in there?

Try running your image through Pixelfix then reuploading the image to Roblox.

Whenever I open it, the thig automatically closes again

The second picture had 662x600, you gotta make it equal so it fills the whole thing

That’s just a cut-out screenshot :stuck_out_tongue:

Also on the first picture you just put a 500x500 white box on a grey/blackish 512x512 background so obviously it will look like it has borders

What’s it for/how’s it relevant to the topic then?

It shows you what these sudden borders look like in-game.

About a ‘grey/blackish background’, it’s on a transparent one

Try filling the entire drawing with the color, or when you upload it on a decal on roblox and place it on an ImageLabel, set the BackgroundTransparency to 0 so it won’t show the ‘borders’.

Is the part transparent? If not set it to be so.

Also if you need the part to be there set it’s colour to be the same as the tile image

Remember that if you have an image with trasnparent fragments, you must upload it in PNG format, conversely you will get transparent black chunks.

There is a property in the properties tab for a border

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 4.11.55 PM
Make sure that BorderSizePixel is 0

The uploaded file is a PNG

It’s a decal / texture on a part, no GUI element

Here’s how you use pixelfix:

You can follow the instructions on the provided thread to put pixelfix on the sendto menu:

After use, the image file will work as intended when uploaded to Roblox.

1 Like

@milanomaster

Use this web tool modified by @XAXA

Just upload your image and then it’ll spit out the corrected one

Alpha Bleed

I downloaded the ’ pixelfix-win-x64.exe’ file, but whenever I open that to install, it automatically closes :x

Oh, I see where the confusion lies.

The executable is the program. It doesn’t need any further installation. You can simply drag your image file over the .exe file and it will fix the image.

Oh dang, it actually worked. Old (top) vs new (bottom). Annoying how you have to use an extra tool to make this work in Roblox…

Thanks for the help though!

You could have just simply expanded the image by editing it using the software you used… But I guess a software works too