Uploading decals corrupts them

Yes I know this isn’t in the right catagory but i can’t start topics about website bugs for some reason
Anyways I have a huge problem that when I attempt to upload decals they end up corrupting and showing static images when you go to their link, this happens every time I try to upload a decal which means I basically can’t make my own custom decals.
What makes this more weird is that it never did this before and this is not only me experiencing this
Here is a link to a decal i uploading but then it got corrupted
Corrupted Decal
This is frustrating because i want buttons in my game to have custom images on them but since I can’t make decals without them corrupting, i’m forced to make them words.
This has also been happening for months

3 Likes

My decals look like that (on the website), but when I put them on a imageLabel it shows correctly. If you go to your image label/button’s properties, to Image, then click the plus sign, pick the image from my files, it works. Does it not for you?

2 Likes

Thats another thing
IN studio i see that the image shows but when i go in game it does not show
also you can put in images from files and not decals?

1 Like

Yeah, don’t put the link or anything, just go to the Image property and click the plus sign, choose it from your computer’s files, and it should work, in-game and in Studio.

ok i’ll try that later night but roblox should still fix that bug

1 Like

Me too, I had this same problem. When I upload the decal on studio it looks fine, but in the Inventory it looks glitched. I think it happens when the image is in higher quality. When it’s displayed in studio, it minimize the quality of the image so it doesn’t break. What really matters is how it really shows in studio not what it looks in the toolbox.

I heard some other people say it has to do something with transperent images

1 Like

I tried looking for your assetId and it works?

Thats even weirder, the icon isn’t supposed to look like that
i think it was supposed to be a music icon
But i think i remember seeing that image of an upside down t shirt a little bit before the image corrupted
weird
also its the image not the decal but even the image got corrupted

I have noticed this too. I have found a fix though: if you use a plugin (for example I use BTRoblox) then you can sometimes be able to view the assets linked to it, so for your corrupt decal, you can find a fixed version here.

Here is what I am trying to explain:

Which brings up this:

Hope this helped

1 Like

But even so the t shirt is not what the image is supposed to be
also sometimes on the develop page the icon would show but in weird colors like green

Are you sure you uploaded the right thing? I see no reason why that wouldn’t be the correct image unless ROBLOX mixed up your files with another user’s, which is very unlikely.

i guess they did mix it up because im pretty sure its supposed to be a music icon
i dont remember ever uploading something like that

1 Like

Try reuploading to see if that fixes it, or at least fixes the tshirt bug. Make sure to double check your image in case you saved the wrong thing.

lemme link another corrupted image i have from recently and see if thats fixed?
for some reason it stays on the review image on the develop page but when you go to the link i think its corrupted as well
I know its corrupted because it had the review image for like a day now and moderation does not take that long to review a decal

1 Like

oh wait they dont show the review image but they are still corrupted

check if that has a working image
also the image is circle for some reason

1 Like

Oh wow, even the raw image is broken

Your best off posting this in #platform-feedback:website-bugs or getting a trusted rank to post it for you.

How do i do that? because it wont let me post in website bugs or create a topic in it

Only trusted ranks can. Try and get a trusted rank to post it for you

I have submitted via the help contact form of the bug bug can i message an admin or something?
also i think somebody already has created a topic in website bugs about decals corrupting but no admin acknowledged it
yeah somebody did already post it

1 Like