Uploading Images Fail Often

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a new account on Roblox
2. Start uploading images to Roblox via the old web page or via the cookie of the account
3. It starts crashing after you uploaded a few images
Note: it does not always crash, usually it takes in between 3–5 uploads before it starts crashing for us.

Expected Behavior

It should just upload the image to Roblox without it crashing. The error page should not appear after a few uploads.

Actual Behavior

The web page returns to an error page. It only seemed to happen on the old Roblox decal uploading page and the cookie of the Roblox account.

Workaround

We now return to the uploading page to try it again or try again via the cookie.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: THE OLD URL OF THE DECAL UPLOADING PAGE
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-01 00:09:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-17 00:02:00 (+01:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

I can confirm that I’ve had this issue as well, nearly the exact same way you did it. It’s been really frustrating but after about 20-30 minutes I’ve noticed I can upload again. Really wastes a good bit of time though.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Thank you! Let us know! It is currently very much disrupting our workflow.

Hi there,

I’m taking a look at this issue now and I’m currently unable to reproduce this on the new decal uploading page. Are you still running into issues with this?

Your bug report describes behavior on a webpage that is no longer publicly available; I would recommend trying out decal uploads on the Creator Dashboard. Let me know if you are having issues here.

Hi, I think it still happens when using the security cookie of the new created account to upload decals. Would it help to send the accounts that it is happening on?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, if you’d be able to send me the user ID for the account you’re having issues with I can take a look again.

By the way, if you’re trying to upload Decals programatically, instead of using the security cookie, I’d advise you to check out the Open Cloud Assets API instead, which we recently released and supports Decal creation: Assets API | Roblox Creator Documentation

Hello, no problem! Good that you are still investigating it. The accounts that error often or seem to have a higher upload limit are:
XolborAdBot1 - 3952483589
XolborAdBot2 - 3952530700
AdUploadBot - 3806399010
AdUploadBot2 - 3945455953
FunkyGamesAdsBot - 3891118794
FunkyGamesAdsBot2 - 3945646832
Thank you for sending the new API, we are looking into it, but it would be very beneficial for us to be able to use the cookie as well. So please let us know what could cause it.