Uploading pictures to roblox from reddit

So I want a script that uploads picture to ROBLOX from reddit. Current code for getting picture that doesn’t work.

game.ReplicatedStorage.SendPost.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(Post)
	NumOfPosts = #Post.data.children
	local PostToDisplay = Post.data.children[Number]
	Title.Text = PostToDisplay.data.title
	local Thumb = PostToDisplay.data.thumbnail
end)

I do get the thumbnail but idk how to upload it then get its ID and then yea that’s all. I have searched a lot but I don’t understand A THING. Cuz that’s like very advanced scripting

Could you explain more what the application is for? Having a live stream of images pulled from Reddit and onto Roblox wouldn’t be possible or wise, with no control over what those images are I’d be worried about your account getting termed for uploading all that. Assuming all the images were fine, you’d be unable to fetch the image back off Roblox right away as it would need moderation before being visible in-game.

what if the images are taken from r/roblox i am pretty sure then roblox wouldnt care much. But also as you may or may not know that one game is roblox called Draw It! has MANY MANY bad things that I cant even explain or say. So instead of terminating me they should terminate the owner of that game as it has many MANY inappropriate images e.t.c. But still can you atleast then tell me that how can I upload picture to roblox? any picture even from my PC?

You’d want to go the route of running scripts off your computer, not within Roblox. Here’s a solution using Python: Uploading a Decal using POST requests
You’d be unable to run something similar within Roblox as studio/games don’t have direct access to Roblox’s API services you’d need.

that one game is roblox called Draw It! has MANY MANY bad things that I cant even explain or say

Does this game not just let you doodle? Can’t really compare in-game drawings to unknown images off the internet.

Yes that is true it do lets you copy it but I can also make a verification system

If you were hand-sorting carefully it could work, but the delay it would take for the imagery to be available in-game wouldn’t have a “live” feel to it. It’d be a lot to sort to make sure none of the images break ToS or have copyrighted material, something the Roblox subreddit isn’t moderating as heavily as Roblox does.

hmmm I see well the script I made limits posts to like 20-26 and I made it so that the player can change the post if they like

Thought you posted this a while ago and got an answer?

1 Like

yes i did but then i forgot i did made a post about that and made a new one 4 sm reason