Uploading Skyscraper Ad turns into Square Ad format

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/user-ads/create?targetId=4598546045&targetType=Asset
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-28 18:02:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-03-22 17:03:00 (+02:00)

Reproduction Steps:
How to reproduce:

1. Open Ad creation for specific game (in my case gameid: 4598546045)
  2. Assign 160x600 resolution Image
  3. Press Upload
  4. Wait for image to get approved by moderators
  • Broswer Information:
    • User agent:(it’s Chrome) Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36
    • Platform Type: PC
    • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior:
I expect the ad to appear as normal, as a vertical shaped image.

Actual Behavior:
After the Ad has been approved by a moderator, it can be seen that the image is distorted.

I would also like to mention that both images that were distorted had almost half of the clicks/impressions as the non-distorted ones, so I’m assuming that the skyscraper image gets squished and uploaded as a Square ad.

Here is an image proof:

Workaround:

3 Likes

Moved this post into Website Bugs since, well, it had nothing to do with the Developer Hub.

3 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t sure since it is more of a dev issue.

Just to clear up confusion for anyone who might be reading this - Developer Hub consists only of developer.roblox.com, of which a separate team (that I’m on) authors. It doesn’t include Create - Roblox (the Develop page) and other pages on the main Roblox domain.

2 Likes

Hey @Feloriss thank you for bringing this up. Can you confirm that all the 3 pictures you’ve used for your ad are the same size? Would you mind uploading the creative or send it to me through DM so I can investigate?

2 Likes

Yes all images are 160x600. I will DM you.

Thank you for sending those over, is the screenshot you posted recent or an old screenshot of the User Ads page? We confirmed on our end that even though the thumbnail looks distorted, the ad that ran was shown properly for all players, it’s just your view of the thumbnail that looks distorted (and we want to fix that!)

2 Likes

This has been happening to a friend of mine (PixeledDev) very annoying

The screenshot was taken today for this post.

Strange, I thought the CTR was from a bug too. One of the ads is in the same format as the older one (that is shown as normal) that had higher CTR :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Happening to my 160x600 ads - I canceled a 10k ad run trying to fix it. Is it running as a 160x600?format error2

Still having this problem with my 160x600 ad. They are now appearing as squished squares.

I had a friend try to upload the ad but she had the same result.

SquishedSquare