Urbis has been in a state of disrepair for a long time. It’s almost every day that I get a message from someone asking me if I will add new features, fix the bugs, or uncopylock the game so others can fix it.
After Urbis was released in 2016, I had very little free time to dedicate to it. Not long after its release I started my toughest semester of college, which occupied almost all my time. Afterwards, I started working on Starscape, which has since been my primary focus on Roblox. Urbis slowly but surely fell into a state of disrepair.
But as months and eventually years passed, I started to feel more and more guilty about not repairing the game. The game and its small but dedicated community deserved better, and I knew that. So about a month ago I decided to start casually fixing up Urbis, spending about an hour each day on it.
What was originally going to just be an update where I fixed the game has turned into a full-blown HD remastering. Not only have most of the bugs been addressed, but I tweaked and updated just about everything in the game.
- The UI has received a significant refresh, especially the minimap.
- The player count in each server has been increased from 18 to 24.
- The game world has been greatly expanded, more than doubling the amount of wilderness area available to explore.
- The main town has been reorganized and updated, and there’s a small new tourist town on the brand new northwest island across the bridge.
- The game has been integrated with tons of new Roblox features: R15, emotes, better lighting technology, terrain decoration, StreamingEnabled, and more.
Urbis has deserved better for some time, and I am very happy I finally took the time to do this. It’s been a lot of fun revisiting the world I created years ago. I hope you all enjoy Urbis Remastered!