Urgent. Is there any way to recover removed uncommitted scripts?

Someone sabotaged my game (or roblox deleted uncommited scripts) that ive been working on for approximately 11 hours. I have not committed a single script since i wasnt sure what it did at the time and it got deleted. Is there any way to recover it?

2 Likes

Have you tried switching the version history to get your scripts back? Roblox automatically saves a version when you save/publish a game (i think)

1 Like

Have you tried using the Script Recovery tab?

Ive tried. Seems uncommitted scripts do not save anywhere.

1 Like

Unfortunately its empty.
Im starting to think that my internet constantly cutting out mightve caused the issue so i hope theres a way to recover.

1 Like

That’s rare, did you check autosaves?

1 Like

I have.
Ive tried alot. Go back to a version this morning, check auto recovery, check script recovery, checked autosaves (i think) and thats really it. Im just hoping theres a single thing i missed that can recover it.

1 Like

Ummm… sure there’s more ways to recover the script but i could not think of any rn

1 Like

i doubt there are. Ive looked around and i havent found a single method.

Do you still have the scripts? Try using script recovery, or if you still have them, right click them and press “view script history”.

1 Like

Sadly, script history does not work either. Its as if all data of the scripts faded at once without a trace.

1 Like

You can go through your AppData (if you are in windows) by just doing Win + R an then run “%appdata%” and search for this specific path: “Local\Roblox\ScriptAutosaves” maybe can be there?
search in the folders your script by clicking on them

(Forgot to add that part)

1 Like

You must have lost connection to the server, or something along the lines of that. I’m sorry man, but I don’t have anything for this one.

1 Like

Even there, nothing to be seen. Guess there is no recovery, thanks for your time either way.

1 Like

Thats unfortunate, guess its gone. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

I’m sorry bro, I’m sad for you

1 Like

Oh… What a bad ending to this problem…

2 Likes

Indeed it is. luckily, its a bunch of words on a game engine. As devastated as i am, it shouldn’y take that long to get over.

3 Likes