Use Custom Fonts in Roblox Studio

I thought this was the right category. If it isn’t, tell me and i’ll fix it.
So, many games like Doors have cool custom fonts, but when i look on YouTube or other social media, theres just ways making you download a virus, using patched ways, etc. So what’s a unpatched, virus-free official way of getting custom fonts?

1 Like

personally i like to type out my text in a graphical editor, then save it as a picture and insert the picture instead of text into the GUI or as a texture somewhere, usually that works just fine

2 Likes

Are you sure the font you want isn’t here already? Click the link.

Okay, so I had this dilemma a while back when trying to get some of my own fonts into Roblox.
There’s obviously a way of just screenshotting the entire alphabet in that font and uploading it… But that’s incredibly tedious - And a lot of scripting - Which can be a putoff to beginners.

The only way from what I’ve found that has already been something able to be used for a while is using something like EgoMoose/Gskartwii’s Rbx_CustomFont.
It’s made by using a program and exports fonts as images and .rbxm modules, So obviously, don’t run anything you don’t trust - But if you really want custom fonts, give it a try.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

I’m trying to insert the Comic Sans MS font, but it’s not in the properties (Obviously)

Why? This is open source. You can view the code and compile it yourself.

@mouseyispro, try JakeDRavioli’s solution. The creator made a wiki page on how to make a custom font here.

1 Like

Does it break Roblox TOS? It seems like it would with doing stuff in the console, etc

…no?? This is all done on your PC. It doesn’t do anything with roblox, other then upload the images for the fonts.

Only way is to upload them as decals. Even if you manage to insert a custom font into studio you’ll be the only one who can see it. It’d be like how people edit the default face into silly stuff but it only shows up on their screen.

So how do people see the custom fonts in Doors then?