Use DevForum As A Replacement/Addition for Group Announcements and Events

Hello, as someone who’s more familiar with DevForum, I would rather use DevForum to announce things, rather than Guilded. If we could use DevForum for announcements, it would be so much easier for us developers. We already have a Bulletin topic, so maybe it can be similar to that.

9 Likes

I hope that it actually becomes a feature, using guilded just to announce something to group doesn’t seem right.

5 Likes

You already can. #bulletin-board and posting it as a shout like everyone has done since the beginning of time.

2 Likes

My post was about connecting it to group announcements.

3 Likes

A alternative way to make Group Announcements by using DevForum doesnt sound bad ngl.
Although im more of an Guilded guy myself however.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the feedback. Our vision is that Communities is the way that you will interface with your communities in the future. The Developer Forum is for creator <> creator and creator <> staff communication, so this feature would not fit on the forum. Most players do not regularly visit the forum and it would be strange to only have them visit the forum to get announcements from creators. We will instead serve announcements and notifications via the Communities and Events features.

1 Like