Use for the Classic “R” logo

I’m planning to release 2 UGC accessories related to the Classic Roblox “R” logo. It’s not very apparent in the TOS if it’s breaking guidelines or not. I’m asking if you’re allowed to use the “R” Logo for UGC accessories.

2 Likes

What kind of “R” logo? if its Roblox’s old logo then it’s should be fine with TOS.

1 Like

I believe your not allowed to use any Roblox icons. Example look what happened to Kreek’s ugc item with a Roblox icon on it.

I would just make my own logo for the ugc to avoid copyrights.

2 Likes

It’s deleted because it was from Mickey Mause and his haters abused roblox report system

No it wasn’t for Mickey Mouse, but because it had the Roblox icon on it people were able to get it deleted by abusing the system.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTuuxWjsKU

1 Like

Oh, thanks, i didn’t know the exact reason.

1 Like

Roblox dont really like his history and trying to be “Serious” game company for investors, althrough they made the “Roblox Classic” event, they still deleted archived old roblox’s forum posts from blog tab

I suggest you to not to release any UGC due to the drama going around Roblox UGC and moderation stuff like that. You may never know when you are going to get a warning, 1/3/7 days ban or just TERMINATION, getting content deleted, getting your account DELETED.

An answer to this question really would be helpful.

If I wanted to make a Retro Roblox themed item, which would include the Classic “R” logo, instead of the modern Cheez-it Square logo, is that allowed under the TOS?

That’s the modern Logo, though. Not the old one.

tbh if Roblox doesn’t use their asset and doesn’t want their platform to represent it anymore then they should drop it lmfao.

the same goes towards iconic blocky characters. since they wanted to oppress blocky characters so much, they should drop it for Roblox revivals to just use it without their nosy thing in the way (DMCA takedowns)

Either way, it’s not their current branding anymore so I think it’s okay??? But it’s stupid if they still held onto it

Good question, I am not 100% sure, but to be honest I believe Roblox won’t care. That being said people who abuse the dmca system may dmca your item for no reason.

Technically yes, but most brands still have the rights of their old icon/logos and branding of their company. Keep in mind if you use Roblox’s old logos you are still at risk of:

We need a solid answer here.

I don’t want to make something retro style, include the old classic Roblox ‘R’ Logo, something I thought was neat and find out the hard way with a DMCA jumpscare.

1 Like

Alr, in summary don’t use the retro R icon. As someone would abuse the dmca system and have it taken down.

Hey, check if Roblox still has the right protection/copyright on that old logo, if not, just use it by getting perms from Roblox support. If yes, then modify it a bit. Like Changing the size or the font? or maybe flipping it Vertically?