Use of own copyrighted music in my own experience

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on several projects in Roblox Studio with my team. In some of these games, we aim to incorporate copyrighted music. Naturally, these assets are protected by some form of blockchain or DMCA detection to safeguard the rights of the creators.

The issue at hand is the absence, to my knowledge, of a means to demonstrate the legitimacy of rights to these music assets. For example, suppose you have acquired the rights to incorporate copyrighted music into your game. Simply implementing it may prompt Roblox to remove or block the music, despite having official rights to it.

To my understanding, Roblox employs a platform called Audible Magic to detect the usage of copyrighted music within these Roblox experiences. The audio within Roblox is compared to the content stored in the Audible Magic database, and if a match is found, it is removed. I’ve learned that on Audible Magic, the music creator has the option to permit or restrict the usage of their music. While this might grant me the ability to use the music in my games, it doesn’t prevent others from using the same music assets, which is not what I intend.

My question is whether there’s any way for me to use my own copyrighted music without it being subject to removal by Roblox due to DMCA, given that I possess the rights to it, and also to prevent others from using my music.

1 Like

try with audacity and change the speed and the tone of your music

1 Like

that’s of course possible, but i still like the sound and use of the original soundtrack. And just wish for a simpler implementation to include copyrighted music that i have the rights to.

1 Like