Use Python to interact with the Roblox API with ro.py!

What exactly do you want to do?

1 Like

I want to be able to upload audio using the publish api (Publish Api), and yes I know it costs Robux.

1 Like

Uploading assets is something we’re thinking about implementing for the rewrite. Do you have a specific use case or a reason you want to upload audio in your code?

I am currently working with a website that makes music and we want to add a way to make a bot upload all the audio (to the company account) to Roblox as Roblox doesn’t support uploading non-local files. (files stored online) and keeping all the files on the device is too much storage and time consuming.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Seems like a solid use case - we’ll look into it. Thank you!

1 Like

Does this mean I can create an chatbot that chats in the roblox chat for this, Or is that aganist tos

I know this might be a bit old, but does this Api include a way to check what rank a user is in a group?

ro.py is still actively maintained and updated! We are now mainly offering support in the RoAPI Discord server: discord.gg/Jj8ZYBH4KU
Apologies for the lack of updates on this post - I’ve been maintaining the project independently for a couple months and I’m about to release a rewrite in 19 days.
If you’re using v1, you have to call get_member and check the .role.
If you’re using v2, you have to grab the user and call get_group_roles. You can then loop through the roles and check if that role.group.id is equal to the one you want. If it is, you know that’s the user’s role in that group, so you can use that role.

Your reply brings no value to this topic. The question I replied to is related to this topic, yours isn’t.

1 Like

:wave: Hey everyone! Just want to let you all know that on 2021-12-05T05:00:00Z we’ll be celebrating ro.py’s 1st birthday. Wow!

For the past couple of months, we’ve been working on a complete refactor of the library including its documentation. On this date, we’ll be releasing the rewrite (hopefully) and publishing it to PyPI and GitHub.

If you want to see what we’ve been working on, check out the new GitHub:

We also have new docs:
https://ro.py.jmk.gg/

We’re also having a small celebration in the RoAPI Discord server, if anyone’s interested: https://discord.gg/pzcQdHGJae?event=909137495386636288

Thank you all for 1 year of ro.py. :tada:

4 Likes

I currently use the rewrite, works pretty well.

1 Like

Congrats! sorry I am very very late lol.

Just wondering if this is still an active project? I’ve been seeing it a lot and I’d definitely be interested in using it. (Apologies if I’m not allowed to revive topics)

We’re still maintaining it and providing support. The docs site is down right now but it’ll be up in the next few days. In the meantime you can use https://zmadie.github.io/ro.py/v2.0.0/

I already installed with pip thing the roblox module, but when I put “from roblox import Client” it highlights the word “roblox” and idk why. I dont know Python, sorry :sob:

Can anyone help me please?

The package is located at roblox - install it with pip3 install roblox. (Also make sure to pip3 uninstall ro-py)

Thanks a lot man, but I’m still getting the error.

Sometimes Visual Studio Code underlines items with yellow as a warning, not to show an all-out error. Usually predicted errors are underlined in red. Does your code run? E.x. what happens when you run python main.py?

If not, they’ll be able to assist you better with the output of your code and/or VSCode’s message when you hover over that squiggly yellow line. Looks like they have a Discord server where you can get support from as well :slight_smile:

When I execute the code it says “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘roblox’, File ‘C:\Users\Fernando\Documents\RobloxProxy\main.py’”

did you corectly install the library?

if not run:

pip install roblox