User has broken/missing trust level + Users DMs get auto-flagged

The user [redacted] seems to have a broken trust level.

They are able to (or were able to) create new posts and reply to posts in #development-discussion despite their profile clearly displaying that they have no trust level/aren’t a member or above.

Some other symptoms of this are:

1. Users display name appears dark grey in posts+replies, compared to the usual lighter shade seen
    (Two images for comparison, notice how the display name is darkened)
    [redacted] [redacted]

2. Getting DMs from this user, even if it’s just replies to DMs you sent them, seems very broken. I sent them a DM before bed asking what’s up with that or if it’s just a visual bug on my end, and when I woke up I saw that both replies they had sent were apparently “flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden” despite it being a private DM between me and them (I had not flagged these nor would I want to) - Note that posts/replies being autohidden from flags like this requires a mass amount of flags, which is obviously outright impossible in a private DM unless staff were browsing that DM and flagging the posts without anyones knowledge or permission.
    [redacted]
    The responses were this. I don’t know if they had previously had member or were always a visitor, but it seems like they somehow got permissions only to lose them again with no explanation.
    [redacted]

Quick edit: As I was typing this post up I got another reply from them which, at least at the time of making this edit, was not auto-flagged like the other posts were.

2 Likes

Have seen it with a roblox staff

I found him through the Guilded announcement

Roblox staff can post without a trust-level at all, this has happened multiple times in the past and does not appear to be unintended behaviour. This issue specifically refers to normal users.

2 Likes

Hey @cpguy5089,

When that user made posts/replies in #development-discussion, they had a Trust Level of 1 which allows them to post in that category. Looks like they were locked to TL0 one day before you made this report… so everything is expected here. Thanks for the report!

2 Likes