[User Interface Bug] Padding using Scale Inconsistency

Gaps/Padding in between UI elements on the same Axis are not consistent while using scale padding, some gaps are bigger or smaller than the others when they should all have the same gap if they are on the same axis
(the issue isn’t per say the size, but rather that the sizes can be different)

How it looks with scale
(UiGridLayout)

How it should look with scale (Using Offset to show)
(UiGridLayout)

if all UI Elements are the same size the gaps shouldn’t be uneven with Padding using scale

if the Gaps/Padding are very small some gaps won’t even appear but others will!
(UiGridLayout)
If you play around with numbers using scale you can sometimes manage to make it look normal on your screen, but if resolution changes the issue will still be there
(UiListLayout)

(UiListLayout)

Real example I’m having on my project
(The two X Axis gaps are uneven)
but it’s perfectly even on mobile/small resolution in emulator

This can make shops/hot bars etc look really bad

This appears to happen 100% of the time with small gaps, with larger gaps it can appear normal, but if you look closely/zoom in the issue still can still persist sometimes

You can easily reproduce by making a Screen Gui, add a frame, put a few additonal frames inside of the frame and use UiGridlayout, UiListlayout, etc and changing around the scale padding inside of studio

the only way from what I can tell to replicate how scale should look like is to create local scripts to scale the offset based on size, which shouldn’t be necessary to make scaled padding as not everyone can make scripts of the sort and it’s time consuming for those who do

previous design support posted about this a while ago with extra information

UIBugExample.rbxl (17.0 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.