User Interface Design - Feedback

I think your progress is great so far but the game Logo seems to be a bit bland.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Which part of the game logo screen is bland? The buttons? The background? The layout? Or basically the whole thing?

If you were referring to the logo “Game Logo” I believe I failed to mention that I haven’t made an actual logo yet so the “Game Logo” box is just a placeholder :upside_down_face:

Yeah the place holder pretty much is what is wrong.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

This is an update on my UI design. Thanks to all of your feedback, my design is looking better than ever.

Light Theme

Dark Theme

Thanks to @iacxx for being a major source of inspiration, we’re lucky to have you on the forums!

This design is already looking near perfection, but I would be glad to hear any more suggestions :heart:

4 Likes

Looking a lot better. I’ll just quickly go over some things I’ve noticed that could be fixed to make it perfect. Sorry for nitpicking, it gets frustrating when someone constantly critiques your work.
These are mostly 5 minute changes, nothing huge.

• Make the back font less threatening. Remove the bold from it.
  • Try and make the grey outlines of things, a little less grey. If you compare mine to yours. I’ve gone for a much softer grey and it blends in a lot better.
  • I’d suggest using a different green to the one in the selection box. Maybe you could use the green in the toggle button?
  • Change the dark theme to a lesser black. You don’t want to use a pure black. I tend to use RGB: 65,65,65 as its a nice contrast of black/black grey.

What am I enjoying about it?

• Looks way cleaner. Has that sleek feel to it that makes it stand out.
  • The colour on hover/click on the left hand side tabs is something I’d never have thought of doing. So good job for exploring! The text changing colour to accommodate it really fits in as well. Well done.
  • The little arrows on the selection boxes. In my mockup I made them quite large. But in yours you’ve made them smaller and it really suits it.
  • Unsure of this, but is that a dropshadow on the toggle button? Well done for getting that to work in studio.

It’s quite pleasing to look at; I know how hard it is to design UI’s in studio especially with its limited tools. (like lacking basic things such as rounded corners(why only a non changeable colour one??), drop shadows & anything else a huge game making platform should have) It must of been quite hard to redesign some things such as the scrollframe.

Anyway, it’s always nice to hear that someones used my designs as inspiration, and I hope others do. Maybe one day you can help people fix their UI’s as well! Anyway, well done and good luck in your future of designing!

3 Likes

Reaaally love the colors and the text! It fits perfectly. Love how spacious it is as well. The blurred background looks great!

1 Like

I like it!
It seems a mix of iphone/google style.

2 Likes

Great job so far, I really love the updates you made! The only thing I would suggest is to change it so that this space is used or removed, as it doesn’t seem to serve much use from the pictures shown.

In its entirety it’s a really amazing UI, can’t wait to see the final product!

3 Likes

Hello I Really Need Help With Gui I dont know how to do outline on rounded gui like on yours!

You can’t really do this all with studio. What I did was create the rounded button, upload it, then in studio, I have 1 rounded rectangle in the front for the button and one slightly bigger one behind that button for the outline. I found this inefficient in terms of memory, so I wouldn’t advise doing this.

I am pretty sure that you can both have outline and base with only 1 image, putting outlines in the rounded button and the upload it. (9-slices only)

This would work as well, my use case previously was to show the outline upon hovering which wouldn’t work if the outline was already in the button image.

Anyway, these fonts are not in Roblox, right?

Yes, they are custom fonts. It was a bad idea since it’s very hard to add support for other languages.