User search page: display of the "Last Online" date

But if this useful information is going to be removed from the seacrh page (which may be a bit complicated to figure out where to put it due to the new redesign of that page), then it should at least be placed on their profile page or in the Party/Chat list because many users do find it useful.

Yes, it is useful information. Answer two questions though:

• Is it useful enough to be displayed readily available? Out of all the times you search for someone, what % of those have you been looking to see when someone was last online?

• Is the user search the most appropriate place for it in the first place? What about the profile page, for instance?

“Last online” is definitely useful – nobody is discounting that. In some way it should be visible to anyone who wants to know. The user search was not the best location for it though, so I don’t see anything wrong with removing it from that page. The problem is the web team didn’t follow up and add it back somewhere else.

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about its location on the user search page (though it was quite convenient) but personally I wasn’t bothered by it. However, I’d be supportive of it being at another location, as long as it exists and functions. As for your first question, I have mostly used it for 2 purposes:

• seeing when someone was last online (either a friend or just wanting to see if a user is still active)
  • looking someone up (either from a game, a group I’m in, wanting to check out a user’s creations/profile, etc.), which I would say I do as frequently as seeing when someone was last online, so for me it’s approximately a 50-50.

I wasn’t personally involved in the redesign of the player search page, so I’m not the right person to ask! I do agree with EchoReaper that it simplifies the page and makes it cleaner. I know we tried to include information and actions (e.g. send friend request, chat, message) that users would most likely be looking for. :slight_smile: Hope this helps!

Personally, I feel like this feature belongs in a player’s profile page and/or in the chat list. I chimed in regarding the chat list since I’m the product manager for chat, so I have more sway in that area. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Indeed I’m supportive of it being on the player’s profile page and in the chat (due to the fact that only your friends would appear in the chat).

Will the chat idea be considered for production (possibly in the near future)?

Yep, I’ll think about it.

4 Likes