User search page: display of the "Last Online" date

Hio, so I have noticed that in the new user search page when you search a player up, it no longer displays the date that the player was “last online”. Personally in my experience on roblox, I found it quite useful sometimes actually. It was sometimes inaccurate but only primarily for old users that haven’t been active for a long period of time (as in, their “last online” date was sometimes inaccurately the same as their roblox join date) therefore it was fine for the most part. However, now it only displays the user’s character image, username, and their online status.

I am curious if there was any reason(s) for why this “last online” feature was removed? (or if it could possibly be re-added to the new search page in the near future)

EDIT: I made a place that allows you to see the exact date and time a user was last online. Check it out with more info in this thread: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/made-a-quick-place-that-shows-the-last-online-date-time-of-roblox-users/154423. The link to the place is here.

16 Likes

Your not the first or last, to find the “last online” useful xD
And it’s been reported before.
But no reply from roblox, on it.

It’s not like it’s the only page that lost (quite useful) information.

4 Likes

True, well I am hoping that they do re-add it. It was one of the main reasons I used the user search page, lol.

3 Likes

support

leaked flowchart from hq

20 Likes

Also personally, I’m not a google chrome extension developer but I am curious if it would be possible to code & create a google chrome extension so that the user search page again displays the useful “last online” date (although I have some doubts if that would even work).

But I am hoping for a clarification/reply from a staff member about the main point here

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s even a way to get the Last online date, as I only remember it being on the search page. An extension can’t display information it doesn’t have.

2 Likes

Looking into the results JSON, these two are always null:

However, LastLocation correctly displays in a separate JSON (which is also loaded with every search), but I haven’t found anything related to a date or time.

2 Likes

Pretty interesting, but I’m hoping that it is added back since it would be a lot easier & useful for everyone

1 Like

Could really use it on the profile page more than the user search page, in my opinion.

6 Likes

As long as it exists, then personally I’m fine if it’s on either page lol. It may also be helpful to see the last online date/time of friends in the “Chat & Party” menu (after all, they’re on your friend list).

Ooh, I can see it being useful in the chat list. Might be a cool feature to add. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

That wouldn’t be nearly as helpful as it being on the Player Search, you’d only be able to see that data for those you chatted with or your other friends if it were in the chatbar.

Often when scouting out amateur builders I used the last online date to figure out if they still exist.

I recently stumbled upon a place created by someone I wanted to build for me and I learned from that date that he hadn’t logged on in years. I think adding it to the profile page would be helpful! This is something supported by most social platforms.

6 Likes

It would also be cool to see how many hours a place has spent on roblox, similar to steam games.

4 Likes

I really want to see my combined hours on ROBLOX in total since 2010

Glad it’s in consideration, but may I ask why it was removed from the search page in the first place anyways?

Simplification. It’s true that only showing what’s necessary is good practice and leads to a better user experience in general, but it’d be great if the web team followed up whenever they removed something and provided a way to see more detailed info. Every product has power users and pretending they don’t exist is unwise.

2 Likes

Very true, I personally hate using the mobile app/don’t even use it because it almost never has the info that I want to see or doesn’t show me enough info.

2 Likes