User status still displays on profiles when logged out, despite no longer appearing when logged in

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/users/{USERID}/profile
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-23 08:02:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-05-24 15:05:00 (-05:00)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Making sure you are logged out, visit the profile of any user page on Roblox that had a status set before the removal of the feature from profiles, like the official Roblox profile.

2. Observe how the profile status is still displayed under the user’s username, despite being unavailable when viewing the page while logged in.

Browser information:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer
(No extensions enabled)

Expected Behavior:
Because the ability to set the status on user profiles was silently removed back in February, I now expect the message to not display anywhere that isn’t the Feed under any circumstances.

Actual Behavior:
Unknown to me however, the status is still viewable to anyone who happens to be browsing my profile while not logged in. It’s a bit strange to have this message publicly visible to those who aren’t using Roblox, but not to those who are.

Logged in:
SignedIn
Roblox2
David2

Logged out:
NotFixed

David

Workaround:
To work around the issue, a signed in user can visit the My Feed page and enter a blank status so no text appears when signed out.

My Feed:

Logged in:
SignedIn2

Logged out:
Fixed

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmm…

I can reproduce this. I never supported the removal of the “status” feature as removing it served no purpose, but not fully removing it just seems kind of odd.

1 Like

This problem has happened to me many times before. However I don’t think statuses should disappear, that’d be just ehh.

I don’t want statuses to go either, but it’s hard to tell whether they’re supposed to display or not with this bug. They’ll either add it back it profiles or just get rid of it entirely.

This bug was fixed a few days ago. Statuses do not appear on profiles at all now.

Screen2

Screen3

2 Likes